Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary for Tokyo first timers 2015/5/25 14:19
Hi. It's our first time in Tokyo. 3 adults (2 sisters + mother). Kindly have a look at the itinerary and let me know if i need to regroup them or it's fine. Travel dates, June 9-14. I hope the below plan makes sense in terms of logistics.

Please advise:
* looking at the below, our best option for the train fares would be to buy a SUICA card and replenish them along the way.
* June can be a tricky month but i hope it's not going to rain the whole day.

Day 1 - arrival in Narita by 19:55. By the time we passed immigration and collect luggage, i assume we could "leave" the airport by 20:30. Take the train to Shiba Park hotel (NOTE: there's a limousine service with drop to the hotel but as per the website, last service is around 17:50 only). Check in and rest.

Day 2:
AM Puroland Hello Kitty (all three of us are hello kitty fanatics despite the age, hence this is a must especially for my mom).
PM: After resting at the hotel for a bit or straight from Puro Land, visit Central Tokyo: East Imperial Palace Garden and Nijubashi Bridge. Then explore Ginza.
Late PM: leisure walk at Tokyo Tower night viewing of the tower.

Day 3: Full Day at Hakone.

Day 4: Full Day at Disney Sea

Day 5: Tokyo Exploration
AM: Tokyo Government Building for the free observatory deck, Shibuya, Harajuku, Yoyogi Park and Meiji Shrine
PM: Odaiba area

Day 06: free time until late afternoon transfer to the airport for evening flight

Thank you.
by Harriet (guest)  

Re: Itinerary for Tokyo first timers 2015/5/25 15:14
Day 5 AM looks very crowded. Harajuku/Meiji Shrine/Yoyogi Park alone would take half a day. Unless you're planning to get off the train in Shibuya, take a picture of the crossing and then get straight back on the train, I'd set it apart from Harajuku (they are next to eachother on the Yamanote Line, so maybe one in the AM and the other PM before Odaiba?). Shopping in Shibuya is excellent, so if any of you are into that you'll want to hang around. You can get a good view (and photographs) of Shibuya crossing from the Starbucks across from the Hachiko exit of the train station (2nd floor of a bookshop, has floor-to-ceiling windows).

I think using the SUICA is your best bet.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary for Tokyo first timers 2015/5/26 14:31
Hi SQ,

Thank you for your feedback esp. the TIP about shibuya.
by Harriet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary for Tokyo first timers 2015/5/26 18:20
The last limousine bus leaves for Shiba Park Hotel is between 16:55 - 17:10 which depends on the terminal you are in Narita, so you must catch a bus or NEX for Tokyo sta. The access Narita or Tokyo Shuttle Bus service are cheaper than NEX.
But NEX offers a special discount ticket for international visitors.
https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_round.html
I think it easier to catch a taxi from Tokyo sta if you are three people with luggage. Go to Tokyo sta, Yaesu-chuo-exit(central exit). It costs you around 2200 Yen from Tokyo sta to Shiba Park Hotel.

I think you can easily spend a whole day in Sanrio Puroland. It takes about 70 mins between Shiba Park Hotel and Sanrio Puroland via Shinjuku sta. Therefore, Day 2 is too packed for me. I think you can visit Tokyo Metropolitan Govt Bldg in Shinjuku on the way back from Sanrio Puroland. It's nice to visit there even at night(which opens until 23:00, entry is until 22:30)

You can easily spend a whole day in Shinjuku, Harajuku and Shibuya.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread