Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary Check: Osaka to Tokyo 2015/5/25 19:05
D1: Arrive Osaka in the evening, after check-in hotel, explore Minami area. Overnight in Osaka

D2: Osaka Castle & Nishimura Garden, Osaka Aquarium, Tempozan, Universal Citywalk Osaka (if possible we'd like to go inside the USJ for Wizarding World of Harry Potter, is it possible though?). Overnight in Osaka

D3: Museum of House and Living, Tenjinbashisuji Shopping Street, continue trip to Nara and Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine (because I read that the Shrine is in one line with Nara). Back to Osaka. Overnight in Osaka.

D4: Trip to Kyoto. Visit Arashiyama, Kinkakuji, Nijo Castle and then visit Kiyomizudera, Yasaka Shrine, Gion. Overnight in Kyoto

D5: Kyoto to Tokyo, check-in hotel (or just drop bagagge) and then to Yokohama. Full day at Yokohama (stop by Kamakura for Great Buddha Statue on the way back to Tokyo). Overnight in Tokyo.

D6: Explore Tokyo (still looking for place to visit, any suggestion?). Overnight in Tokyo.

D7: 1-Day full day trip to Mt. Fuji. Overnight in Tokyo.

D8: Continue explore Tokyo (still looking for place to visit, any suggestion?). Overnight in Tokyo.

D9: Airport for flight back home.
by Valent (guest)  

Re: Itinerary Check: Osaka to Tokyo 2015/5/26 11:39
USJ has an option for cheaper entry after 3pm. My friend and I used this and it was plenty of time to check out Wizarding World and a few other rides (no Express Pass, HP entry at 5.30pm, left park at closing at 10pm).

You do not have nearly enough time in Nara! Yes, it's close, but to spend a couple of hours there before going to Fushimi Inari in Kyoto is not doing it justice, especially if you use the JR Line (the one that goes to Fushimi Inari) as it is a 20 minute walk away from Nara Park, where all the sights are. Either give Nara a full day or a full afternoon (sights usually close at dark). You can visit Fushimi Inari when you arrive in Kyoto (the Nara line from Osaka will drop you at Fushimi Inari). I'd suggest forwarding your luggage from Osaka to Kyoto so you don't have to carry luggage and can start sightseeing straight away.

Kyoto is also not given enough time compared to Osaka, in my opinion. I only spent a couple of days in Osaka and it was plenty (including an afternoon and evening at USJ). But I spent 4 full days in Kyoto!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Check: Osaka to Tokyo 2015/5/26 14:09
Dear sq,

Thank you for your reply.

I think we'll be staying in Kyoto for 2 nights so we can start from early morning and explore more for Kyoto. Gonna start rescheduling my itinerary XD

For the USJ late entry with cheaper rate, we can just buy the ticket directly there?

And, is July a very crowded season to visit the theme park? I think we'll visit there on July.

Thank you :)
by Valent (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Check: Osaka to Tokyo 2015/5/26 15:58
Yes, the cheaper USJ ticket is sold at the park. Any season there is crowded! Your best bet is to go on a weekday, but be prepared for massive crowds regardless.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Check: Osaka to Tokyo 2015/5/27 01:17
Hi, I'm gonna travel with same itinerary as yours.

The difference is I stay in Osaka and go back and forth to Kyoto for like minimum 4 days. Do we need to buy a JR Pass ?

Or what pass will be suitable since on day 5, I will use train to go to Mt Fuji (kawaguchiko) and have 1 night rest there, and the next day go to Tokyo ?

Thanks for your help
by DavidKris rate this post as useful

reply to this thread