Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Studying in Japan 2015/5/26 01:10
Hi! I have just completed my 10 years of education. I'm planning to complete the another 2 years of education in Japan, is it possible?

If yes, is there any school that you would like to recommend to me?

Thanks ^^
by shochannxha  

Re: Studying in Japan 2015/5/26 11:41
Depends what you want to study! You can't just say "I want to study"! What qualifications did you get from your 10 years? (Is it just high school, or some college/university?) Are you financially stable enough to study in Japan? (Can support yourself for several years) Is there a course in Japan that lasts only 2 years? Etc.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Studying in Japan 2015/5/26 12:16
Hi! Thank you so much for answering my question.

I only have high school qualification for now. By looking at the amount of money I have now, it should be able to support me at least 5 months. I'm planning to get a job there too.

Thanks ^^
by shochannxha rate this post as useful

Re: Studying in Japan 2015/5/26 16:02
What area do you want to study? Have you found a course you want to take? Is the course taught in Japanese or English? Do you speak any Japanese, especially work-related?

Immigration must be shown that you can support yourself for the full course of your studies in Japan. You cannot assume you will get a job, and so you have to already have all the money you will require. You'll only be able to get a part-time job on a student scholarship.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Studying in Japan 2015/5/26 20:22
If I remember correctly, you've posted the other day on this forum asking about language schools.

To answer your question, you have to prove to immigration that you have the financial means to support yourself during your time here. If you check out the application form from the language schools' websites, they will state that your bank balance should have at least 2.5 to 3.0 million yen. If it's SGD, expect about 30,000-35,000 dollars or so. Your parents should be your financial guarantor (since you've yet to work full time). If they are willing and have the means to send you here; they too - need to prove that amount in their bank account.

To sum it up, it's a year's worth of money, not just 5 months. You cannot expect to support yourself solely on part time jobs here. Firstly, you only have up to 28 hours a week and secondly, if you spend ALL 28 hours working, you won't have to time to catch up on school work. Therefore, it's advisable to have enough before you come. Part time jobs are meant to supplement your allowance, not constitute it.
by Murakami Seirin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread