Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

More skytree questions 2015/5/26 10:58
So , I see a service that allow us to pre purchase tix to Skytree and they will deliver it to your hotel. Anyone know if this is legit? Its only 35 dollars.

Also is Skytree worth it? We will be in Akihabara in the morning and afternoon. Then travel to Senso-ji for a few hours, Skytree for sunset , then back to Senso-ji for night time photos and dinner.

I have heard various opinions on Skytree vs tokyo tower, versus the government municipal building. We just figured Skytree because it was close to Asakusa and Senso-ji.

What I want to avoid is going to TT to wait on tix . We want to spend all morning at Akihabara then travel up to Asakusa area. So it seems like a great idea to get tix delivered to hotel the day before.

Also , can anyone recommend a good place to eat near Asakusa or skytree?
by Will Lazarus  

Re: More skytree questions 2015/5/26 11:18
I don't know about the pre-bought tickets, but if you are trying to time Skytree to get the sunet, go early! My friend and I were aiming for the same thing and got there about half an hour before sunset, but the line was so long (we waited for more than an hour) that it was night before we got to the observation deck. It is an amazing view though, especially with all the city lights. We didn't go to Tokyo Tower or the Municipal Building though, so I can't comment on the comparison.
Be aware that Skytree is hugely popular and will pretty much always be crowded. You also had to "wait in line" at the observation deck just to be able to see out the windows!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: More skytree questions 2015/5/26 21:42
There is a ticket office at skytree selling the skytree fast ticket for tourist with passport so you don't need to queue up, but the cost is slightly higher.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: More skytree questions 2015/5/27 03:02
Are you sure about these "tourist-tickets" I checked the website and couldn't find any information about it. Do you know were those counters would be located exactly?
by justdennis rate this post as useful

Re: More skytree questions 2015/5/27 09:28

Re: More skytree questions 2015/5/27 09:34
@sq

what is sunset if I'm to visit the Skytree, I will be going as well, coming from haneda, my flight lands about 0500.

Re: More skytree questions 2015/5/27 11:27
I was there in May last year. We were about to visit Skytree in the am but it was cloudy and drizzling. Luckily we were on DIY trip and finally able to reschedule our visit at 5pm+. There were a lot of people but the waiting line moved very fast. The sky was much clearer and we managed to catch the beautiful sunset. The entry is quite expensive. The other place to catch beautiful sunset is Asakusa tourist information building facing Sensoji temple. Free entry. We also visited the other Government building near Shinjuku, which is free entry and have a better view of the city & Mt Fuji. We visited all 3 places before sunsets.
by mimoko rate this post as useful

Re: More skytree questions 2015/5/28 10:21
Sunset will depend on the time of year you visit. I don't know the times off by heart since I don't live there! Trying Googling it.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: More skytree questions 2015/5/28 10:41
You might not have to queue as long for a "fast ticket", but if the place is full, you'll still have to wait. When I asked about the fast-track when there last they said I could buy one, but the next entry was 1 p.m. (it was 10 am in the morning). Didn't want to wait three hours so did something else.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: More skytree questions 2015/5/29 11:59
We are changing our mind on skytree mainly because of the expense. So we think tokyo tower will suit us better. Its only a few blocks from our hotel, The Park hotel.
by Will Lazarus rate this post as useful

Re: More skytree questions 2015/5/29 17:17
Hi Will, I was there 2 wks ago at Skytree. There is a special counter for tourist, just need to show your passport to the lady at the counter. The price is a bit higher if you are to queue. If the queue is not that bad, you can ahead otherwise, we were told we need to wait for at least 90mins. Near Skytree, there's a mall & aquarium walking distance.

I went to the Tokyo Metro Govt building as well, and it's free. Queue is definitely not as long as Skytree. On a good day, you will be able to see Mt Fuji.

Hope you'll enjoy your trip.
by Feliciama rate this post as useful

Re: More skytree questions 2015/5/29 22:04
We went up to the Observation Deck on the 52nd floor of the Mori Tower in Roppongi Hills and actually liked that better than the Skytree which is so high that everything looks very tiny. Just a matter of personal preference.... There is a small fee to go up, on top there is also the Mori Museum. The Star Wars exhibit which runs till the end of June was also up there and attracting a lot of Star War fans....
by Dutch Ann rate this post as useful

reply to this thread