Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

To get back to Unazuki from Keyakidaira 2015/5/26 21:02
How to get back to Unazuki from Keyakidaira without taking the Kurobe Gorge Railway again? We have booked a hotel in Toyama. Thanks.
by Lim Foo Keong (guest)  

Re: To get back to Unazuki from Keyakidaira 2015/5/27 12:15

to Unazuki from Keyakidaira without taking the Kurobe Gorge Railway
If you are talking about public transport, I do not recall if there is any option but the train.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: To get back to Unazuki from Keyakidaira 2015/5/27 13:27
You mean take the Kurobe Gorge Railway again?
by Lim Foo Keong (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: To get back to Unazuki from Keyakidaira 2015/5/27 16:51
I have not been to Unazuki yet (will be there in roughly 1 month!), but the reason the train was made was to help build the Kurobe Dam because the areas was inaccessible.

As such - it may be possible to get out another way but I'm not sure there will be any other buses or the like....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: To get back to Unazuki from Keyakidaira 2015/5/27 19:19

You mean take the Kurobe Gorge Railway again?

Yes.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: To get back to Unazuki from Keyakidaira 2015/5/28 11:18
The only way in and out is via the kurobe gorge railway. Any reason you want to avoid the train?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: To get back to Unazuki from Keyakidaira 2015/5/28 11:29
Not to avoid the train, but the scenery is the same, so I wonder whether there is another way to get back to unazuki faster and cheaper?
Anyway thanks for all who have replied. I appreciate all these very much. Thank you.
by Lim Foo Keong (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: To get back to Unazuki from Keyakidaira 2015/5/28 11:55
I see. Unfortunately (or fortunately as the case may be as it contributes greatly to the gorge's remoteness) the train is the only way in and out. There are some hiking trails around, and you can theoretically hike out via the alpine route, but that's a multiday backpacking trip and probably not what you are looking for.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread