Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Capsule Hotel 2015/5/30 10:24
After checking Into a Capsule Hotel, can one leave the Hotel freely to explore the city and return back in the night?

Because as I am aware, we would have to leave our Shoe Locker Key with the Reception upon check in.

Have never experience staying in a Capsule Hotel before and would love to try it.
by Matchy (guest)  

Re: Capsule Hotel 2015/5/30 17:57
Yes, that's allowed. I did it when I was in Japan at two different capsule hotels. Just leave the keys at the reception and pick them up when you return.

Be aware that most capsule hotels don't have lockers to keep large luggage in. When I went, both times I kept my suitcase outside the capsule (one hotel had lockers, but they were all full!).
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Capsule Hotel 2015/5/31 01:39
To try it out i stayed once in a capsule hotel (Osaka). My suitcase was too big to store in the asigned locker. I could leave the suitcase at the desk. I do not remember if i had to pay extra for that and i have no idea where they stored the suitcase.

B. Slager
by B. Salger (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Capsule Hotel 2015/5/31 04:10
You can leave there once you have checked-in.
Some capsule hotels require to leave the locker key in the front desk counter to prevent lost key and they know you are not there, but some capsule hotels don't ask you to leave the key so ask their staff first.
Those hotels normally open for 24 hrs, you can come back to the hotel any time you like until your check-out time. If the hotel does't open for 24 hrs, ask one of the staff which entrance door is opened at night. Some entrance doors may be closed at night for security reasons.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Capsule Hotel 2015/5/31 10:50
Appreciate for all your comments. I think I am confident and ready now. Thanks.
by Matchy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread