Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best Kiso day-plan by car? 2015/6/8 06:02
I'm planning to drive from Matsumoto to Takayama via the Kiso Valley in one day.

I was hoping to see the Kiso valley area, and ideally I'd like to get the post-walk in.

Can anyone suggest an itinerary that would make the most of the day. I'll have time on either end in Takayama and Matsumoto, so I'm happy to leave early and arrive late so I'll have "enough" time do to Kiso well.

I'm just sure where it is best to park and walk to and from (between Magome, Tsumago and Narai)?

Which would provide the most different experience from Takayama and Shirakawa?

Thanks in advance!
by John Wellman (guest)  

Re: Best Kiso day-plan by car? 2015/6/8 13:17
Most people tend to walk the Nakasendo highway between Magome and Tsumago.

A possibility would be Magome (Park here), walk to Tsumago and catch a bus back to Magome.

Others may have other ideas....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Best Kiso day-plan by car? 2015/6/8 19:53
Is there a recommended bus to get back to the parking lot and does anyone know what Parking costs are in Magome for a couple hours?
by John Wellman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best Kiso day-plan by car? 2015/6/10 21:13
Is there a recommended bus to get back to the parking lot and does anyone know what Parking costs are in Magome for a couple hours?
by John Wellman (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread