Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

N'EX Tokyo Round Trip Ticket 2015/6/10 15:21
Hi, I just wanted to check my understanding and confirm the following -

I will arrive at Narita airport buying a N'EX TOKYO Round Trip Ticket (4000yen) and reserving the return ticket and seat. Then I can catch N'EX to go in to shinjuku and check in my hotel.

On my return date within 7 days, I will check out my hotel from Ueno. I will need to buy a ticket to catch another subway to TOKYO station to board N'EX to go to Narita airport.

Please tell me if this is correct procedure. Thanks.
by Yu Lin (guest)  

Re: N'EX TOKYO Round Trip Ticket 2015/6/10 16:33
You are correct. The NEX goes from Narita Airport to Shinjuku for your arrival. When departing you'll need to catch the Yamanote line from Ueno to Tokyo Station to get on the NEX back to Narita Airport.
by Masashi808 rate this post as useful

Re: N'EX TOKYO Round Trip Ticket 2015/6/10 19:44
No need by JR Yamanote line(outer loop) or JR Keihin-Tohoku line
take JR Ueno-Tokyo line from JR Ueno stn to JR Tokyo faster.
(non stop/next stop is JR Tokyo)
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e204.html

And by return ticket valid from JR Ueno to JR Tokyo.
So no need to pay to Tokyo stn fare.

In JR Tokyo NEX stop Sobu Line(Underground Platform) be carefull.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e1039.html

By subway is not JR line need subway fare.
by 5Te (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: N'EX Tokyo Round Trip Ticket 2015/6/12 18:58
Thanks for the replies.

I just found out our hotel is located in Higashi Shinjuku (Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku), not Shinjuku. So my question is, can I transfer via 大江戶線 from Shinjuku to Higashi Shinjuku using N'EX Tokyo Round Trip Ticket? or I need to exit and buy another ticket for one stop?

Thanks!!
by Yu Lin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: N'EX Tokyo Round Trip Ticket 2015/6/12 19:36
No, the subways are a different system than JR. You could either transfer to the Oedo line at Shinjuku, walk or take a taxi to your hotel. I'd probably just take a taxi as it easier and potentially cheaper than taking the subway.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: N'EX Tokyo Round Trip Ticket 2015/6/12 20:27
We have four people with four pieces of luggage. Are you sure it would be cheaper to catch a taxi than catching a subway? thanks!
by Yu Lin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread