Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

when to visit daisetsuzan nat. park 2015/6/11 04:18
Hi,

I will be coming to the park for 2 days of hiking,
I have the option of coming in the 7-8 of Sept.
Do you think I will be able to see impressive foilage? or should I go a week later? would that matter?

Also, how much would it cost to rent a car for 4 days? I heard that access is not easy to all places..

thanks.
Noa
by noargv  

Re: when to visit daisetsuzan nat. park 2015/6/11 13:31
Although it is difficult to predict the weather, in average year mid-late Sept is a better bet for autumn foliage in Daisetsuzan National Park.

Indeed outside winter months a self-drive road trip is the best way to explore the vast area of Hokkaido. But solely for Daisetsuzan National Park it may prove a bit more complicated! 2 highly worthwhile koyo sites in the park are Ginsendai and Daisetsu Kogen Onsen but you can't drive directly there. Instead you have to take a shuttle from Sounkyo. And if you are into serious hiking such as a one-way hike between Asahidake and Kurodake, you still have to rely on public transport to get back to the starting point to pick up your car.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: when to visit daisetsuzan nat. park 2015/6/11 13:36
Thanks for the response, surely we cannot go by car to Kogen ?

I know a car is not ideal, but we were also planning to go to Lake Toya for 2 days, and there a car is recommended from what I read...
So I might just have to combine...
by noargv rate this post as useful

reply to this thread