Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anyone use an iPhone 6 with a prepaid SIM? 2015/6/13 00:27
Hello

I am travelling to Japan in October and want to make sure I have data. I don't want to carry the extra battery with the wifi adapter so I'm looking for prepaid SIMs.

Does the unlocked t-mobile iPhone 6 work with japanese carriers? Model number A1549. The apple website says no but it looks like the LTE bands are supported in Japan.

Has anyone had any experience?

1 (2100 MHz)
2 (1900 MHz)
3 (1800 MHz)
4 (AWS)
5 (850 MHz)
7 (2600 MHz)
8 (900 MHz)
13 (700c MHz)
17 (700b MHz)
18 (800 MHz)
19 (800 MHz)
20 (800 DD)
25 (1900 MHz)
26 (800 MHz)
28 (700 APT MHz)
29 (700 de MHz)
by Sara (guest)  

Re: Anyone use an iPhone 6 with a prepaid SIM? 2015/6/13 12:30
Yes, it will work.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone use an iPhone 6 with a prepaid SIM? 2015/6/16 00:22
hi Firas, which sim did you use? Thank you!
by Sara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone use an iPhone 6 with a prepaid SIM? 2015/6/16 15:17
t-mobile iPhone 6 A1549 is GSM.
buy prepaid SIM, which is compatible for docomo or softbank.
prepaid SIM for au (KDDI) may not work.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone use an iPhone 6 with a prepaid SIM? 2015/6/20 13:36
iphone 6 will work ( just make sure that you unlocked your phone via t-mobile, usually they will unlock it once you paid for it in full.) I tried docomo and it was fast.

Good Luck

Abe
by ibs rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone use an iPhone 6 with a prepaid SIM? 2015/6/22 05:59
In addition to the prepaid sim cards mentioned in the forum. I also found this one good and cheaper (if you need it for longer than 45 days).

https://t.iijmio.jp/en/index.html About 4000 Yen for 2 G data that do not expire for three months.

I am traveling in Japan now and using my ATT unlocked Iphone 6+ and this sim card. So far so good.

HTH.

DD
by DD (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone use an iPhone 6 with a prepaid SIM? 2015/6/22 09:53
FYI most of all prepaid shorterm SIM card run on leased docomo line.
those companies @ MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) such as bmobile, iijmio, so-net, ocn-mobile etc. basically provide the same docomo line coverage and speed.
however quality of service and line varies as some are throttle down. some just data only and some both data voice(for residence only)
bmobile, iijmio are one of the pioneer mvno, provide SIM for prepaid or long term.

https://www.iijmio.jp/hdd/visitors/
http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/index.html
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone use an iPhone 6 with a prepaid SIM? 2015/6/23 16:23
Hello! Because you are a T-Mobile subscriber you are given free interntional data to over 200+ countries, Japan is one of them. I am also with T-Mobile and have used their free international data throughout different parts of Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, Okinawa). I have mostly seen data speeds at 3G with every now and then Edge. I don't stream things with data so those speeds were perfect for accessing e-mail, webpages, FB, GPS. Something to think about.
by Masashi808 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread