Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Snow wall corridor - Tateyama Kurobe 2015/6/13 14:28
I noticed that the snow wall corridor at Marudo of Tateyama only open to pedestrian walk until 22 june 2015. What happen after that? I am planning to go there around 26 june. I expect the wall will be still there but will be shorter. Or they will close the corridor?
by boon (guest)  

Re: Snow wall corridor - Tateyama Kurobe 2015/6/14 11:21
What happen after that?

Pedestrians will not be able to walk that stretch of the road anymore. The road will be exclusively be used by buses.

I expect the wall will be still there but will be shorter.

Indeed, it is not much of a "wall" anymore during this advanced state of the season. Here is a live camera from Murodo:
http://www.alpen-route.com/live_camera/murodou.html

Or they will close the corridor?

No. The corridor is part of the main road that connects Murodo with Bijodaira. Buses will use it until all the snow is gone and beyond.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Snow wall corridor - Tateyama Kurobe 2015/6/14 11:39
Is pedestrian able to stand at the begining of the wall to take pictures after 22 june?
by boon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snow wall corridor - Tateyama Kurobe 2015/6/14 11:44
You can see the beginning of the corridor from the bus terminal, but I would keep my expectations low:
https://goo.gl/maps/ukcNw

Re: Snow wall corridor - Tateyama Kurobe 2015/6/26 23:00
Will this corridor be visible in mid to late October?
by Skippy6 rate this post as useful

Re: Snow wall corridor - Tateyama Kurobe 2015/6/27 11:22
Will this corridor be visible in mid to late October?

It usually starts snowing around early to mid October. So, the depth of snow will be still rather low. There won't be anything worth calling a corridor yet.

reply to this thread