Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ferry from Yawatahama to Beppu 2015/6/14 17:42
Hi, I need some help.

I am thinking of taking a ferry from Yawatahama → Beppu on 19 July 2015 Sunday at 0020.

I noticed that there is an additional comment for the ferry at the time. It is "便は05:00まで船内休憩できます。" as seen on their website: http://www.uwajimaunyu.co.jp/timetable/. Does it mean that I can only leave the ship at 5am?

And is it possible to purchase the ferry ticket on the day itself?

Thanks a lot for your help!
by E (guest)  

Re: Ferry from Yawatahama to Beppu 2015/6/14 19:15
It means that passengers are allowed to stay and rest on the ship until 5am. Of course, you are also allowed to leave immediately after the 3:10 arrival.

And is it possible to purchase the ferry ticket on the day itself?

Yes, assuming that there are vacancies. I don't think that the boat sells out frequently, especially not if you are not bringing a car.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Ferry from Yawatahama to Beppu 2015/6/14 20:54
Hi Uji,

Thank you for your help! :-)
by E (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ferry from Yawatahama to Beppu 2015/6/15 01:36
Hi, I'm writing from Italy and I need a suggestion.
This summer I will be in Japan for tourism and at the ending of July (approzimately on 29th) I would take the ferry from Yawatahama to Beppu.
I will need only the passage for two persons.
Where can I buy the tickets in advance?
I saw the site of the Company but I didn't find the english version...

Thank you in advance.
Stefano Magagnoli
by Stefano Magagnoli (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ferry from Yawatahama to Beppu 2015/6/15 07:33
Hi, Stefano,

Only cars can make a reservation.
(On the page of the link above, up and left side there, you see a square yellow button, and you will see the indication there, but in Japanese.インターネット予約は乗用車(2等)のみとなります。).

Concerning Time-tables & Fares, you can find the English page by pushing down on the link button up and right side.

I have experienced the ferry two times, both directions. The crossing of the Bungo Strait was charming.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ferry from Yawatahama to Beppu 2015/6/15 10:45

Where can I buy the tickets in advance?

Advanced reservation may not be necessary.
We took the ferry late Nov last year, and noticed only less than 20% occupancy. It is a fairy big ferry, comfortable and a surprise - free WiFi.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ferry from Yawatahama to Beppu 2015/6/15 22:24
Thanks a lot!

Stefano
by Stefano Magagnoli (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread