Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 30

1 2
next

SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/16 15:57
Hi,

Does anyone familiar with this Smartking?
http://www.kingmobile.jp/index.html

I know the function of it,but where can I buy it? I found a address in the website but I don't know whether is the store or not because I don't know how to read kanji. I hope someone would tell me where can I buy it?

The address i found in the site is
〒116-0013
東京都荒川区西日暮里5-7-10
Is this where I can go and buy it?
by splashysplash  

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/17 00:56
You can plug 東京都荒川区西日暮里5-7-10 into the search box of Google Maps (maps.google.com) to find the location.

It's easy to get to, being not far from Nishi-Nippori station on the Yamanote & Keihin Tohoku lines, as well as the Chiyoda Line subway and Nippori Toneri Liner people mover.

It's within walking distance of Nippori station, which is a stop on the Keisei Line from Ueno and the Joban Line. The Skyliner from Narita airport stops there, too.

You can see what the building looks like from Street View on Google Maps. It appears to be the building the the big G on it. You can see the bus stop, which is indicated on the map.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/17 02:15
Why the street view on google map shows me the back alley of someone's store or houses? Does the street view has a good accuracy for finding something? I still didn't saw any building with a big G on it.
by splashysplash rate this post as useful

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/17 03:25
Let's hope that someone else can do a better job of trying to help you than I did.

by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/17 11:34
I think they sell exclusively online.

Also be aware that piggyback sim unlocks are sensitive to ios and baseband updates, so you may not want to upgrade the software on your phone or risk undoing the unlock (provided it works in the first place).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/17 13:29
Then what's the point of having their address on their website if it can be bought online?

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/17 13:31
It is pretty common practice to list a business address on a website so that customers can get an idea of there the business is based. And in many cases they don't have physical retail outlet at that location.

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/17 13:53
When I translate the kanji on the website, the address is their distribution source, so does it mean that somewhere in Tokyo, there are those independent outlet selling these items?

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/17 14:07
When I translate the kanji on the website, the address is their distribution source

Can you list where you're seeing that? I only see a business (営業) address listed.

so does it mean that somewhere in Tokyo, there are those independent outlet selling these items?

Probably not as there is not a lot of market out there for sim unlockers. Most are sold over the internet. FYI, the have it on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=smartking&tag=googhydr-22&...

Or do you want a physical shop so that you can have someone set it up for you?

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/17 14:43
Well,if you slide down a bit and on your right, you will notice this kanji,販売元, when i google translate it,it tells me is distribution source.

I would be very appreciated if you knew any physical shop. Because I need help from the staff.

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/17 16:13
Oh I see that now, but that basically confirms its their distribution office and probably not a storefront. I'm not finding any indication that they do anything but online sales.

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/17 16:51
Even i went to the distribution office,will they sell me the item?

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/18 10:37
Distribution offices typically aren't equipped to handle retail sales. But if you're that intent on going then you'd better call first to see if they can accommodate you.

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/18 18:39
yellowsmurf,

Can you lend me a helping hand by just giving a call to the company and verify for me whether they handle retail sales or not? My telephone bill will be skyrocketing if I made an international call from the states?

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/19 11:29
Probably better if you call yourself. You can use an online calling service like skype or viber to make international calls for just pennies.

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/21 03:23
Hi yellowsmurf,

I found a new lead, please have a look of this website,
http://kingmobile.shop-pro.jp/
the right side of the webpage shows there are 1 million 9 thousands stores when I translated it.
Do you know the location of the store since it already mention the numbers of stores they had?

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/23 09:12
Do you know the location of the store since it already mention the numbers of stores they had?

The online shop seems to be part of a shopping network, so the "1.9 million stores" is not referring to physical outlets, but the number of shops (presumably online shops) that participate in the program.

btw, not sure you realize but the item you want to buy is typically bought online rather than in retail stores and only costs about 1700 yen. Is there any reason why that won' work out?

What is your plan exactly, still trying to get around buying a properly unlocked phone? Cause you sure are spending a lot of time and effort on what is probably a bad idea to begin with.

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/23 12:17
1.弊社は実店舗の有る小売店では御座いません。来社しての直接購入はお断りしております。

The above is written on the Contact Us page.
https://secure.shop-pro.jp/?mode=inq&shop_id=PA01097292

What it roughly mean is that
Our physical store are not retail shop. We refuse any visit or direct purchase at the shop.

So you can't go direct and buy it.

Sudahlah , orang dah banyak kali bagitau tapi tak reti bahasa.
by .@.@. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/23 13:01
Well, I prefer not to buy through online as I don't understand most of the Japanese words that they are using when filling in the shopping cart form. So to play safe, I rather go to a physical retail stores.

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/23 13:33
if you check their 'お問い合わせInquiry'page, refer to point 1.
1.弊社は実店舗の有る小売店では御座いません。来社しての直接購入はお断りしております。
Although they have actual store, it is not a retail shop. Any visit or direct purchase at store will be refuse, not entertain.

So no you cannot go to the shop and buy it.

Try looking for it at back alley 2nd electronic shop around Akihabara.
Try iosys.co.jp/pages/shop
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 30

1 2
next

reply to this thread