Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiring and driving a car from Takayama 2015/6/19 19:45
I'm planning to hire a car at Takayama and drive to Shirakawago and Kanazawa on beginning of NOVEMBER. My questions are;

1) Are thee any car-rental outlets in Takayama having website in ENGLISH? I found only Toyota-rent-a-car who has an outlet in Takayama (but I cannot make a reservation online)

2) How will the road condition be at the beginning of Novemeber (roads between Takayama, Shirakawago and Kanazawa)? Are they slippery during that time?

Thank you guys for your help

Nat
by Nat (guest)  

Re: Hiring and driving a car from Takayama 2015/6/20 07:25
Why hire a car? Public transportation is very good in the area. That is unless you want to visit not only Shirakawago but also Gokayama.

1) Are thee any car-rental outlets in Takayama having website in ENGLISH? I found only Toyota-rent-a-car who has an outlet in Takayama (but I cannot make a reservation online)

I understand that it is very easy to make reservations for Toyota by phone:
https://rent.toyota.co.jp/eng/

I can't find a company with English online reservation in Takayama.

How will the road condition be at the beginning of Novemeber (roads between Takayama, Shirakawago and Kanazawa)? Are they slippery during that time?

It depends on the weather! Snow is very unlikely that early in the season.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hiring and driving a car from Takayama 2015/6/20 13:12
Thank you Uji
1) Yes, I will also visit Gokayama (still not sure where to stay overnight, Ogimachi or Ainokura)
In the first place, I'm thinking of driving a car from Takayama to those places and stop by (along the way.., but haven't study where to stop yet).

3) So, it's possible to experience snow at the beginning of November in these areas!, isn't it? I'm just a bit worried as I don't have experience driving on snowy roads!

Thank you again
by Nat (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiring and driving a car from Takayama 2015/6/20 19:42
ToCoo do a car hire interface in English and have been very good when we've used them (4 or 5 times over the last three years).

If you look on the main japan-guide forum, in the car hire section, you'll find lots of useful info and links.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Hiring and driving a car from Takayama 2015/6/20 23:20
I repeat: snow in these area in early November is very unusual but not 100% impossible.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hiring and driving a car from Takayama 2015/6/21 00:53
Thanks Winter visitor and Uji.
Oh. Sorry Uji. I missed the last line of your first post.
by Nat (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread