Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/6/20 18:06
surutto thru pass covers

1/ wakayama ltd express trains to shirahama?

2/ bus from shirahama/tanabe to kumano hongu
companies : Ryujin, Meiko, Nara Kotsu, Totsukawa ?
pls kindly adv if any included.

3/ express bus from shirahama/tanabe to kyoto?

or JR Kansai pass include any of the above, please kindly adv.

many thanks
by michel (guest)  

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/6/20 23:33
1/ wakayama ltd express trains to shirahama?

No!

2/ bus from shirahama/tanabe to kumano hongu
companies : Ryujin, Meiko, Nara Kotsu, Totsukawa ?
pls kindly adv if any included.

Certainly not!

3/ express bus from shirahama/tanabe to kyoto?

No!

or JR Kansai pass include any of the above, please kindly adv.

No. Only the Kansai Wide Pass covers the trains to Shirahama.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/6/21 14:17
thanks Uji,
but suruttopass map and links shows covering Wakayama bus and Wakayama Naka bus... may i know if covering shirahama bus to nearby sightseeing like Engetsu To, Senjojiki, Sandanbeki & Seafood market ?

if the kansai wide pass covers Kushimoto, and even up to Shingu....are the ltd express trains as shown on its site all covered? and any 4 days kansai pass instead of 5 days?

but its site shows all trains running, how to know which trains covered?

please kindly advise, thank you so much.
by michel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/6/21 17:09
suruttopass map and links shows covering Wakayama bus and Wakayama Naka bus

Wakayama bus and Wakayama Naga bus don't cover Shirahama area which is far south-east from Wakayama city. Meiko bus covers Shirahama area but Meiko does not participate in the Surutto Pass.

http://meikobus.jp/2015_3_14_shirahama_rosen.html

are the ltd express trains as shown on its site all covered?

Yes, all limited express trains within the area are covered. Note that you can only take non-reserved seats.

any 4 days kansai pass instead of 5 days?

There is Kansai area pass 1, 2, 3 and 4 days

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/pass/kansai/

but it is totally different from Kansai Wide Area Pass which has only 5 days version.

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/pass/kansai_wide...
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

snr discount ..reg train fare & widekansai pass? 2015/6/22 18:32
Thanks,

would you please advise if any senior discount (71 years old) for buying regular train ticket leg by leg as well as and senior rate for wide kansai pass?

also as need to take soonest train from Kansai airport to Wakayama, and i find the earliest leaving say 29 aug...
0557 - 0617 .... KIX - Hineno ...by Rapid service (For Kyobashi)
&
0613 -0644 ..... local Train of Hanwa Line (For Wakayama)

are above included in Wide Kansai pass ?

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you soon.
michel

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/6/22 22:35
Sorry, Michel, but as far as I know there is no discount ticket for seniors (there are some discounts for longer distance, but these requires fee-charging membership so I guess these are not applied for you) or discount version of the passes.

are above included in Wide Kansai pass ?

Yes, these are covered by Kansai Wide Area Pass. However, these sections are relatively cheap so that you might better consider whether Kansai Wide Area Pass will pay off for your 5 days itinerary.

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/6/24 16:06
Thanks a lot, prior proceeding purchase, may I confirm a few queries :

1/ notice that Wide Kansai pass covers Local trains on JR-WEST Conventional lines, but could you please advise below (checked from JR site but they show all trains including private lines running I guess) included as donft know if below Kansai Rapid & Local trains on under JR-West Conventional lines or Not ?? ie Local trains of Hanwa line, Kinokuni line, Shinkansen Nozomi No. 50 Series N700 (For Tokyo) & Nozomi NO 44 series700 included in this Wide pass or not ??

2/ any Senior aged 71 Discount Fares for both Wide Kansai pass & buying each train regular fares below ( ltd express, rapid & local trains, shinkansen as stated below)

3/ can reserve seats for all legs or not esp. Shinkansen Nozomi upon purchase of Wide Kansai pass or not ??

Kansai-airport to Hineno by
Kansai-Airport Rapid Service (For Kyobashi)

Hineno to Wakayama by
Local Train of Hanwa Line (For Wakayama)

Wakayama to Shirahama by
Local Train of Kinokuni Line (For Shingu)

Shirahama to Kushimoto by

ShinOsaka to Kyoto by
Shinkansen Nozomi No. 50 Series N700 (For Tokyo)

Thanks, look forward to your reply soon.
michel

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/6/24 17:19
Michel,

Look closely the JR-West site:

checked from JR site but they show all trains including private lines running I guess)

If you are reffering to the JR-West's Kansai Wide Area Pass site I mentioned above, the lines shown are all JR-west lines, so all of the lines are covered by the Kansai Wide Area Pass.

Local trains of Hanwa line, Kinokuni line,

Yes, they are covered.

Shinkansen Nozomi No. 50 Series N700 (For Tokyo) & Nozomi NO 44 series700 included in this Wide pass or not ??

Nozomi trains running between Shin-Osaka and Okayama are covered (only non-reserved seats), but east of Shin-Osaka (e.g., Shin-Osaka to Kyoto) is not covered. East of Shin-Osaka (Shinkansen) is operated by JR-Central, which is a different company from JR-West.

any Senior aged 71 Discount Fares for both Wide Kansai pass & buying each train regular fares below

No. There is no senior discount.

can reserve seats for all legs or not esp. Shinkansen Nozomi upon purchase of Wide Kansai pass or not ??

No. You are not allowed to take reserved seats by using Kansai Wide Area Pass. Further, Shinkansen between Shin-Osaka to Kyoto is not covered, as mentioned above. However, you can use conventional line between Osaka and Kyoto and can even take non-reserved seats of limited express such as Kuroshio and Haruka.

Yes.

Hineno to Wakayama by

Yes. You can also take Kuroshio limited express (non-reserved seat only).

Wakayama to Shirahama by

ShinOsaka to Kyoto by

No. Take Rapid commuter train or limited express on the conventional line (not Shinkansen, but the difference in time is less than 20 min in this sector). If you are coming from Kushimoto, there is some direct limited express trains (Kuroshio, no transit required).

The train system in Japan seems to be somewhat complicated at first, but once you get used to it, it is very comvenient. If you do Kansai AP-Hineno-Wakayama-Shirahama-Osaka-Kyoto trip within 5 days, it will cost about 13,500 yen, so Kansai Wide Area Pass (8,500 yen) is a good value. If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to ask here.

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/6/24 17:41
Michel,

Look closely the JR-West site:

checked from JR site but they show all trains including private lines running I guess)

If you are reffering to the JR-West's Kansai Wide Area Pass site I mentioned above, the lines shown are all JR-west lines, so all of the lines are covered by the Kansai Wide Area Pass.

Local trains of Hanwa line, Kinokuni line,

Yes, they are covered.

Shinkansen Nozomi No. 50 Series N700 (For Tokyo) & Nozomi NO 44 series700 included in this Wide pass or not ??

Nozomi trains running between Shin-Osaka and Okayama are covered (only non-reserved seats), but east of Shin-Osaka (e.g., Shin-Osaka to Kyoto) is not covered. East of Shin-Osaka (Shinkansen) is operated by JR-Central, which is a different company from JR-West.

any Senior aged 71 Discount Fares for both Wide Kansai pass & buying each train regular fares below

No. There is no senior discount.

can reserve seats for all legs or not esp. Shinkansen Nozomi upon purchase of Wide Kansai pass or not ??

No. You are not allowed to take reserved seats by using Kansai Wide Area Pass. Further, Shinkansen between Shin-Osaka to Kyoto is not covered, as mentioned above. However, you can use conventional line between Osaka and Kyoto and can even take non-reserved seats of limited express such as Kuroshio and Haruka.

Yes.

Hineno to Wakayama by

Wakayama to Shirahama by

ShinOsaka to Kyoto by

No. Take Rapid commuter train or limited express on the conventional line (not Shinkansen, but the difference in time is less than 20 min in this sector). If you are coming from Kushimoto, there is some direct limited express trains (Kuroshio, no transit required).

The train system in Japan seems to be somewhat complicated at first, but once you get used to it, it is very comvenient. If you do Kansai AP-Hineno-Wakayama-Shirahama-Osaka-Kyoto trip within 5 days, it will cost about 13,500 yen, so Kansai Wide Area Pass (8,500 yen) is a good value. If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to ask here.

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/6/25 12:40
thank you so much for your detailed reply;
could you please advise if any big lockers for luggages at Shirahama Tore Tore Market? as if yes then saving much time, sorry can't read japanese on its site, even from chrome translate, it doesn't translate!
also any idea when are most fresh seafood stores open ?
thanks alot.

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/6/25 18:41
may I know if Wide Kansai pass covers below...as may need to return from Shingu instead

Shingu to Nagoya by Ltd. Express Nanki No. 6 (For Nagoya)
+
Nagoya to Kyoto by Shinkansen Hikari No 517 Series N700 ( for Shin-Osaka)

If included, any fee for reserve seats upon purchase of pass in Hong Kong ?

And if not reserving seat in advance, then can I reserve upon arrival at KIX airport on arrival when I change the real ticket, any fee?

What is the nearest JR station name to Higashiyama-ku station in Kyoto East?
What is the nearest JR station name to Arashiyama station in Kyoto West? Is it Saga Arashiyama?

And both are covered in this Wide Kansai pass from & to Kyoto, right?

Thank you so much

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/6/25 22:34
Shingu to Nagoya by Ltd. Express Nanki No. 6 (For Nagoya) 
+
Nagoya to Kyoto by Shinkansen Hikari No 517 Series N700 ( for Shin-Osaka)

No. Kansai Wide Area Pass does not cover east of Shingu or Tokaido Shinkansen between Osaka and Tokyo (including that between Nagoya and Kyoto).

Instead you can take Kuroshio from Shingu to Shin-Osaka (non-reserved seat only) and then JR Special Rapid to Kyoto. These trains are covered by the pass without any additional fee (note that if you use reserved seat, you must pay additional 2260 yen).

http://goo.gl/0FStAi

See "Route 2"

And if not reserving seat in advance, then can I reserve upon arrival at KIX airport on arrival when I change the real ticket, any fee?

If you use Kansai Wide Area Pass, forget about reserved seats. If you use reserved seats, you must pay "reserved seat fee", which is not the difference between the reserved seat fee and the non-reserved seat fee.

What is the nearest JR station name to Higashiyama-ku station in Kyoto East?

Do you mean Higashiyama station of Kyoto Metro? If that is the case, nearest JR station is Kyoto.

What is the nearest JR station name to Arashiyama station in Kyoto West? Is it Saga Arashiyama?

Yes, JR station near Arashiyama (Hankyu) or Arashiyama (Keifuku tram) is Sagaarashiyama.

And both are covered in this Wide Kansai pass from & to Kyoto, right?

If it comes to JR line in Kyoto, all of them are covered. However, if you take trains not operated by JR, such as Hankyu, Keihan, Kyoto metro etc., they are not covered by JR's Kansai Wide Area Pass.

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/6/25 22:51
any big lockers for luggages at Shirahama Tore Tore Market?

I am not familiar with this place, but their website states they have coin lockers. I am not sure how big they are though.

If you are concerned with your luggage, you might better consider takuhaibin delivery services.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html

also any idea when are most fresh seafood stores open ?

In Tore Tore market? Their website says they will open 8:30 to 18:30. I don't know about this place, but in general, you should go in the morning since popular things will go away early.

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/7/1 16:50
thank you so much;
we start from KIX to Shirahama costal sightseeing, then Tore Tore market shirahama to Hashikuiiwa, overnight at Katsuura, then Nachi falls, then to Yunomine Onsen, wonder if there's Bus pass for the Komano Area that covers maybe from Shirahama city bus, all the way to Kumano Yunomine Onsen.. as if all taking bus (Meiko & Ryukin) is easier than bus + train combo via Kushimoto & Shingu...

i read somewhere mention bout Wakayama Area Pass or W-Pass, could you please send me link for its update; up to how many days & costs ? but i can't dig back the info, could you please kindly advise ...
thanks looking forward to hearing from you soon.
mi

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/7/1 19:18
Thanks Frog/anyone,

also i just found this; http://touristpass.jp/en/common/pdf/ise_english.pdf

could you please confirm if applicable for JR trains & Kumano, Meiko & Rjuyin buses for our route below in nov:

Osaka KIX airport -(to) Wakayama - Shirahama (buses within city) - Hashikuiiwa - Katsurra - Nachisan - Kumano Yunomine Onsen - Kyoto (via Shingu or Katsuura) - Osaka - Osaka KIX airport

much appreciated if you could confirm if this pass is applicable to above itinerary, so that i don't opt for JR Wide Pass.

and if not included, wonder if any few days bus pass from shirahama to Kumano Yunomine Onsen?

Thanks a lot, look forward to your reply

mi

Re: suruttopass cover wakayama to shirahama? 2015/7/2 17:48
Hi michel,

Ise-Kumano Area Tourist Pass is for traveling from Nagoya to Ise/Kumano area. Though it covers bus rides in Kumano area, it does not cover west of Katsuura, so I believe it is not for you since you are coming from Kansai AP so that you must buy the round-trip ticket from Kansai AP to Katsuura. The Ise-Kumano Area Tourist Pass does not cover Meiko bus line neither.

I don't know the bus pass for Kumano area, but if you want to do many tourist spots conveniently, you might better consider the sightseeing bus

http://www.kumakou.co.jp/teikikankou/sub03.html
http://www.kumakou.co.jp/teikikankou/sub01.html

7880 yen (internet discount) including lunch. If you will stay overnight at Yunomine Onsen, you can start from Yunomine-onsen. This bus goes to Yunomine onsen, Kumano Hongu, Hayatama taisha, Nachi falls and Nachi taisha.

You can go these places by regular bus, but note that each places are remote each other and the bus-train connections are not so convenient. For example, Shingu station to Yunomine onsen is about 70 min/one way.

reply to this thread