Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese and Sweating 2015/6/21 11:18
Hello. I was wondering if someone could help me with my problem.

So ever since I came to Japan for a host exchange program, I've been jogging everyday to maintain my weight. Well, I was informed by my councilor that the Japanese have a sensitive sense of smell so because of this I'm afraid that my host family thinks I smell bad, along with my school too because of how much I sweat. Right now I ride my bike to school but everyday I always apply deodorant on right when I arrive and also when I am done with my jogging. I guess what I am asking is how to fix this sweating problem or if their is anything I can use to keep me smelling good.

Thanks
by Hännah (guest)  

Re: Japanese and Sweating 2015/6/21 13:01
Just take a shower after you have done your jogging. Or change your cloth, underwear and socks, clean your body with towel. Clean and dry your shoes always. Cut your nails shorter.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese and Sweating 2015/6/21 14:30
Take a shower after you jog and put on deodorant before you leave the house. You're not supposed to apply deodorant after you're all sweaty.

And don't worry, Japanese people smell bad, too. Just go on the train in the summer and take a sniff.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese and Sweating 2015/6/22 21:14
More details needed..

When do you go jogging? Do you go shower after? Apply antiperspirant/deodorant before you exercise and carry these body shower sheets around to freshen up a bit after cycling... Like common sense stuff
by Asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese and Sweating 2015/6/22 23:22
I go jogging usually after school, around 5 pm though I'm not allowed to shower until 9 pm due to family rules. Truthfully what I'm more concerned about was my sweating during school. I ride my bike to school and every time I get there, I always head for the bathroom to apply deodorant on and wash my face, neck, and arms with water to keep from smelling so bad. I know that in order to stop sweating I should just take the bus but riding my bike is a lot more healthier and cheaper too.
by Hännah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese and Sweating 2015/6/22 23:51
Do you have bicycle clothes you can change out of once you get to school? My advice would be to carry your school clothes in your bag and change into the fresh clothes once you arrive at school. You can also get deodorant wipes at the chemist to help freshen up. At this time of the year you can also buy anti-sweat underclothes from Uniqlo called Airism, these are made for the hotter months and are supposed to keep you from sweating so much. Good luck!
by jennjett (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese and Sweating 2015/6/24 21:28
Every one will sweating--Try to take shower at least 2 times a day--and don,t think to much that you have a bad smell.try to change cloths when you come home----i understand what you think right now i have a japanese wife and i always think same like you--i use to much deodrant and body spray and perfume---hahahhahahaha to be honest i am to lazy to take shower twice a day specially in winte time---when ever i come home from out side i change my cloths underwear socks ----- Japanese people have a bad smell to and i noticed that not only japnese every nation people have a bad smell----b happy and think positive and use body spray deodrant in routine
by Malik Sahib (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese and Sweating 2015/6/25 23:10
bad smell comes from apocrine glands, not from sweating itself.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese and Sweating 2015/6/26 11:55
Take a cloth or paper towel and use the sink in the bathroom to wipe yourself down once you get to school, and at home after you've gone jogging. Also, did you know that many schools have a shower? See if your school does and if you can use it before work. As others have said, take your school clothes in a bag and change into them at work instead of wearing them as you bike.

Everyone is going to be sweaty as summer approaches, so don't worry too much about it.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread