Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tax free goods 2015/6/23 02:37
Hi im angie, I brought few items frm tax free shops.

Appreciate if you could reply my question
1.May I know which counter should I go for custom declaration?
2. When should I do the tax refund before or after check -in?
3. Tax free item must be in my hand caring luggage (on board)?
4. I intend to buy a luggage bag to put all my stuffs. Is this consider unpacked and will I able to get tax exempted for the new luggage bag?

Thanks with best rgds
by Angie (guest)  

Re: Tax free goods 2015/6/24 02:24
I got my tax refund at the store I purchased at. I don't know if you can get a refund at the airport, but I'm sure someone will know here.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tax free goods 2015/6/24 03:59
I think all shops in Japan does the tax free in store during purchase, if your purchase is complete, I don't think you can claim your tax free return.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Tax free goods 2015/6/24 07:18
Sales tax refunds are done on the day of purchse at the store where you bought the item. However, not all stores offer duty free shopping. They will attach a form to your passport which will be removed at the airport right before you go through customs.
How to claim your refund is explained clearly in the article in this link http://www.osaka-info.jp/en/plan/practical_information/duty_free.html
Hope this helps...
by Dutch Ann rate this post as useful

Re: Tax free goods 2015/6/25 14:39
Thanks for the information :)
by Angie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread