Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama Alpine rush days 2015/6/27 06:16
Hi,
According to the calendar of the official Tateyama Alpine Route page there are expected congestion and rush days during first half of October during autumn "season" but after October 12 there are no such congestion. Does it mean I would expect no rush days after that even in weekends? Or have the autumn season ended by then?
by Aleru (guest)  

Re: Tateyama Alpine rush days 2015/6/27 16:34
I'm more concerned about the congestion during the so-called Silver Week in the end of September...
by AlexanderStankov rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Alpine rush days 2015/6/29 13:26
Silver week? That's new to me. Is it as extreme as Golden Week?

Are you going in September by the way?
by Aleru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Alpine rush days 2015/6/29 16:08
Does it mean I would expect no rush days after that even in weekends? Or have the autumn season ended by then?

It's the latter. By late October most of the colors are gone and the upper areas may have snow.

Silver week? That's new to me. Is it as extreme as Golden Week?

No, it is not as extreme as Golden Week (hence the silver designation)

This year should be a busy silver week (sept 19-23) btw so avoid crowded areas during that time if possible.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Alpine rush days 2015/6/29 19:02
Ah, that makes sense. I expert to arrive in Osaka or Tokyo by 12-13th October, leaving for Kanazawa either the same or next day. Depending on if ny flight is delayed or cancelled to Japan or not.

That would make me crossing Tateyama 14th or 15th October.

I am not sure if I should stay in Toyama or move a bit into Tateyama and stay there though.
by Aleru (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread