Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Izumo - Fukuoka by Super Oki? 2015/6/27 06:46
Hi,
I look at two alternative routes from Izumo to Fukuoka, either by train to Okayama and Shinkansen the rest...

Or Super Oki train from Izumo to Shin-Yamaguchi and (Kodama) Shinkansen final part.

The Super Oki have three departures I see. Would it be worth going the ocean way? I mean, for the views.

Of course if it is bad weather I would hit the other route.
by Fuu (guest)  

Re: Izumo - Fukuoka by Super Oki? 2015/6/27 21:47
I rode on the Super Oki from Yasugi to Shin Yamaguchi sometime towards end April this year. Before turning inland at Masuda, the line hugs the coast and there are pretty views of the sea. I think the train has only 2 to 3 coaches, but there were plenty of seats.
by CS Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Izumo - Fukuoka by Super Oki? 2015/6/27 22:00
I also rode the Ltd Express Yakumo from Okayama to Yonago, I preferred the Super Oki route which I think is more scenic.

Re: Izumo - Fukuoka by Super Oki? 2015/6/29 13:27
Thank you!

What kind of trains are on the Super Oki by the way? I mostly thought about the long trip, it would be nice with comfy seats or so. Should I buy ekiben before leaving also?
by Fuu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Izumo - Fukuoka by Super Oki? 2015/6/29 21:54
It looks like one of those commuter trains which you see in the cities. I have always found the seats on japanese trains very comfy regardless of whether they are super express or an ordinary train. There isnt any onboard sales available, so getting an ekiben and drinks is a good idea.

reply to this thread