Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

UK High school exchange to Japan? 2015/6/29 00:34
Hi everyone. I've been very interested in going on an exchange program in Japan, where I go to a school and homestay with a family, which would hopefully be at around the age of 16.

While I've seen loads of programs catering to people from the US, I've haven't found anything for people from the UK, or even Europe. The closest I could find was a year in a Japanese university, if you took a language course at some crazy-expensive university in London. While this is a possibility, I'd rather experience Japanese high school, or more importantly, a homestay.

Does anyone know of any programs for going on a Japanese high school exchange (One for UK citizens, of course)? I'd really appreciate any help, thanks.
by Ikuze  

Re: UK High school exchange to Japan? 2015/6/29 11:35
If there are such programs, the Japanese embassy in the UK and/or the UK embassy in Japan are probably aware of them, have you tried contacting them?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: UK High school exchange to Japan? 2015/6/29 15:57
Ask your school and city council office first. If your city has a sister city relationship between Japanese cities, they might organize cultural exchange programs.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: UK High school exchange to Japan? 2015/7/1 11:03
Check with your local Rotary Club. Somebody there might steer you to some program and I know they sponsor individual high school student exchanges (not groups). I don't know the details but I've run into several in Japan (who couldn't stand the uniform requirements) who were on a Rotary International exchange from countries other than the US.
http://www.rotary-ribi.org/
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: UK High school exchange to Japan? 2015/7/1 11:06
Here's a better link on their "Youth Exchange Programmes."
http://www.youthexchange.org.uk/
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread