Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Old & New AU passport question 2015/6/29 03:09
Hi all,

I'm an Australian who is on a spouse visa and will go back home for a holiday end of this year. I recently got a new passport which I will use to leave Japan and enter Australia and vice versa.

I have my old passport which has the original Japan Spouse visa (1year) that I got before I left Australia and also the original embarkation card that I filled in when I first arrived to Japan on my spouse visa stapled inside it.

I arrived in Japan early March last year so I had to renew my spouse visa early this year which I got a 3 year extension. However, there was no extension stamp or another spouse visa attached to my old passport and all I got was a new Zairyuu card with the 3 years info on it.

So my question is do I need to do something about the spouse visa & embarkation card in my old passport and have it transferred to my new passport? Or can I just bring both passports and show immigration the relevant page/s when I leave Japan for my holiday.

In regards to my original spouse visa (1year) in my old passport, is this still valid? It's just that I never got any form of extension stamp or another spouse visa in my old passport when I got it renewed to a 3 year one early this year. Unless of course, it's not needed and all it matters is that the info is shown and valid in my Zairyuu card. Can anyone confirm this?

Last but not least, can anyone please please who has travelled out of Japan for a short holiday on a work or spouse visa tell me where I can get a embarkation/disembarkation card for re-entrants (foreign residents who wish to continue to live in Japan)? Can anyone also please tell me where in Kansai Airport I can find this card so I'll fill it in on the day of my departure? I don't want to have to leave on my original embarkation card and find out when I get back that my spouse visa has been cancelled.

Thanks all in advance for your valuable replies and information.

regards,

R

by NU-RJ (guest)  

Re: Old & New AU passport question 2015/6/29 10:50
Your 1 year spouse visa on old passport automatically invalid upon your renewal of Spouse visa (3 years Zairyu card).

However, your new 3 years spouse visa was it done with old or new passport ?

Anyway, you will need the old disembarkation card, attached the old passport when you exit from Japan.

The embarkation/disembarkation card for re-entrants is available once you're in the international departure hall, before the immigration counter. you can get the form and fill it there.
Kindly note:

1. Departure with Re-entry Permission
2. Departure with Special Re-entry Permission

If you leave Japan with the intention of coming back within a year, say for holidays/visits to HQ or similar, there is no need for a re-entry permit. In those cases please tick box no 2.

If you will indeed be out of Japan for more than a year with the intention of coming back on the same visa, you need a re-entry permit. Therefore, if you do have the re-entry permit please tick box no 1.

Just bring your old passport, with original disembarkation card and show it together with your new passport, zairyu card and re-entrant card at the Immigration counter.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Old & New AU passport question 2015/6/29 16:21
http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/re-ed/EDcard_leaf_en.pdf

Take your new and old passports to Immigration Bureau office for the stamp change.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Old & New AU passport question 2015/6/29 18:03
there is no need to transfer the stamp since old spouse visa in old passport already expired, invalid. Not necessary for the trouble to visit Immigration Bureau office.

the only question is your new spouse visa 3 years in your zairyu card was applied using new or old passport?

just bring and show both old and new when you're at the arport immigration counter, together with zairyu card, old disembarkation card and filled disembarkation/embarkation re-entrant card checked the Departure with Special Re-entry Permission .
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Old & New AU passport question 2015/6/29 21:35

the only question is your new spouse visa 3 years in your zairyu card was applied using new or old passport?

TO ANSWER THE ABOVE QUESTION:

My new spouse visa (3years) was applied using my old passport in Jan this year. I only got my new AU passport last week.

Hope this answers your question and thank you for answering mine.

Cheers.

RJ
by NU-RJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Old & New AU passport question 2015/6/29 23:43
you got 3 years residential status with old passport, and got zairyu card. you got a new passport, when you stayed in Japan.
you want to go out temporally from Japan with a new passport, and come back to Japan.

I think:
when you go out from Japan. bring old and new passports and zairyu card. immigration will correlate your new passport and zairyu card on their database at that time. (your zairyu card shows your residential status and the expired date.)
when you come to Japan, you may bring your new passport and zairyu card, because new passport and zairyu card are already connected.

by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread