Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Withdrawal points for online purchases 2015/6/30 10:05
Hello

Next month will be my first visit to Tokio!

I saw lot of things to buy, but i dont want to spend too much time in stores..., so i'm wondering in in Japan exists the Withdrawal points for online purchases. You buy something, and the seller send the item to a physical address, the you go with your ID and pick up the parcel. I used this method a lot in France, for example..

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
by rivermivida  

Re: Withdrawal points for online purchases 2015/6/30 16:59
What products and which sites you want to buy them?
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Withdrawal points for online purchases 2015/6/30 18:44
Some convenience stores (that have tie-ups with online shops) may be usable as those "pickup points," but the use will be limited to those with tie-ups.

If you know which hotel you will be staying at, you "could" have them ship the items to you c/o the hotel. But be sure not to have them shipped too early (some shops will allow you to specify/request delivery date), and make sure you inform the hotel beforehand that there will be parcel(s) arriving in your name.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Withdrawal points for online purchases 2015/7/1 01:08
basically, i will try to contact a couple of important Ebay sellers from Japan, because i need to pay with Paypal. And i prefer no to bother the hotels with the reception of the parcels...
by rivermivida rate this post as useful

Re: Withdrawal points for online purchases 2015/7/1 01:30
Last I checked, eBay purchases must be delivered to the address registered on the PayPal acccount, which in turn must be in the country where the account is registered. If your PayPal account is not a Japanese one, you'll first have to create a Japanese PayPal account and transfer your money there.

It's also not at all certain that eBay sellers will agree to send to non-residential addresses, this may be a violation of the eBay/PayPal rules if the registered address is not your real address.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Withdrawal points for online purchases 2015/7/1 01:39
Everything would be more easy for me if stores like Bic camera or yodobashi accept Paypal...
by rivermivida rate this post as useful

Re: Withdrawal points for online purchases 2015/7/1 06:55
I think Paypal is only accepted through online payment, and not through a in store counter service.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread