Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

KIX-Nara-Kyoto-Nagoya/ USJ/ Okunoshima/ Kobe 2015/6/30 23:09
Hi! :)

It's my first time to Japan and it's quite a last minute trip thus i need your kind expertise and advice on railway/ transport option. I know the itinerary is very packed and we are okay to travel early each day!

Can you advise if it will be worth it for me to get the JR pass(since we are going Osaka-Nagoya-Osaka) or should i get 4 Day Kansai Area Pass + Icoca & Haruka? I'm pretty confused as there are many options and i will really appreciate your reply!!

1) 5th July- KIX arrival- check in @ Capsule Hotel Asahi Plaza- Nara Day trip
2) 6th July- Train to Kyoto and sight see/ overnight Kyoto
3) 7th July- Sightsee @ Kyoto
4) 8th July- Sightsee @ Kyoto and proceed to Nagoya/ overnight Nagoya
5) 9th July- Nagashima Spaland / Head back to Osaka/ Overnight at Osaka
6) 10th July- Universal studios japan/ Shi sekai
7) 11th July - Osaka sightseeing- Osaka castle/ Dotombori/ Namba
8) 12th July- Osaka to Okunoshima (Rabbit Island) + Kobe/ travel back to Osaka
9) 13th July- Osaka/ KIX airport

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Warm Regards,
Michelle
by Mitchie (guest)  

Re: KIX-Nara-Kyoto-Nagoya/ USJ/ Okunoshima/ Kobe 2015/7/1 10:44
Two points

Firstly, the JR Pass won't be beneficial to you.
The Haruka & Icocia pass is worthwhile. If you are doing more intensive travelling like to Himeji or Kobe there are other options, but with that little there is no point.

Secondly, even if you wake early and sleep late do note that many attractions in Japan closes before or at 6pm. Shops close at 9pm. Opens at 9 am too. This is especially so in Kyoto. Also, Kinkakuji and Ryoanji are near each other but have different opening times. This causes great headaches. If your planning is not good enough your sleeping hours would not count for much. Suggestions are Fushimi Inari, Kitano Tenmangu in Kyoto that opens REALLY early.

Fortunately, Osaka is known for her nightlife. If you can consider nightlife an attraction, then what some tourist do is spending the day walking marathons in Kyoto and the nights doing light strolls along Domtombori/.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: KIX-Nara-Kyoto-Nagoya/ USJ/ Okunoshima/ Kobe 2015/7/1 11:10
Also, Kinkakuji and Ryoanji are near each other but have different opening times. This causes great headaches.

I don't see how that's a problem considering the laws of physics prevent you from visiting both at the same time... or is that where the headaches come in ;)
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: KIX-Nara-Kyoto-Nagoya/ USJ/ Okunoshima/ Kobe 2015/7/1 12:51
From Osaka Ôkunoshima far.
If you go to Kobe, to recommend that you go to the 11th July.
The tadanoumi station from Shin-Osaka Station, it takes about 2 hours and 20 minutes in the shortest. (Take the Shinkansen)
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: KIX-Nara-Kyoto-Nagoya/ USJ/ Okunoshima/ Kobe 2015/7/4 22:28
@ joshua hugh , yllwsmrf, haro1210:

Point all noted with Thanks!! Thanks for replying! Appreciate your help so much! :)
by Mitchie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread