Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Amt of Half Yearly bonus if joined in April 2015/7/1 13:32
Hello

This is regarding calculation of half yearly bonus if you joined a bew company in middle of those 6months.

I joined a japanese company in April & agreed a salary differentiated in regular 12month pay plus 2 times bonus in June & December respectively.
In my case i was supposed to get First bonus in June calculated based on my serviced days(90).

E.g yearly total bonus 1000yen
500 yen would be in June & rest 500 in december
& as i joined in April it should be 250 yen
But my company gave me just 20yen.

Now i am puzzeled whats this??whats the calculation??
Is that bonus??you are fooling me on my salary.
Also There is performance bonus different than this to be paid in sept.
Do anyone know about such system/calculation?

Please explain if you know/ have same experience.
Thanks
by Macs (guest)  

Re: Amt of Half Yearly bonus if joined in April 2015/7/1 15:07
The bonus payment is a post paid salary system and the payment method and calculations are varied depending on firms.
Ask at your firm's 総務課 about the bonus payment.
If you joined in the firm in April, it's normally no bonus is paid, or, it may be paid a bit, they understand you are a new worker there and not participated as a fully worked force. Because you are new worker. You are quite lucky if it's paid even though it's a bit. Your bonus in Dec will be paid fully. This is a normal bonus payment in JP. You can't expect 4 months worth salaries in 3 month working.
Some firm's calculate bonus payment as when you join in the firm. Sometimes 1 Jan for June bonus payment, sometimes 1 March. There is no rule for this.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Amt of Half Yearly bonus if joined in April 2015/7/1 18:09
Thanks for your reply.

I discussed with HR person in my company & he explained me the same thing.
Now My conclusion is, its the worst system in Japanese companies.
As that half yearly amount is part of your salary as you accept offer considering that amount(at least in my case it is so)..i agreed to lower monthly salary than before cause after adding bonus amt it was more.
Now, Again its not bonus(called as bonus to make fool of you) & in anyway you are going to loose one part of that amount while leave the job.

I am feeling very angry on me not knowing it & put myself in loss...!
by Macs (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Amt of Half Yearly bonus if joined in April 2015/7/1 18:55
you didn't contribute anything to the company right now.
the salary and bonus are not the equal amount to all employers.
you are complaining about the reward without making contributions. that is too stupid.

I think your salary is already "over-paid". a part of your salary and a bonus, you may get, come from the works of other employers, your coworkers. you should express thanks to the company and coworkers.
you should know courtesy.
礼儀をわきまえなさい。
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Amt of Half Yearly bonus if joined in April 2015/7/1 19:25
Haha...well system wise its worst that i can say & yes i failed to adapt to such system.
I have worked in non-bonus based japanese company before & so there is no question of failing to adapt to Japan.
You seem quite biased though.

Well...whatever it is, now nothing can be changed except working hard :D

Re: Amt of Half Yearly bonus if joined in April 2015/7/1 19:27
Apologies from me as well in that case :D :D

Re: Amt of Half Yearly bonus if joined in April 2015/7/1 23:46
Was it in your contract that you should get half the bonus? Or did you assume that you would get half the bonus? If it's not in your contract you were lucky they gave you anything.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread