Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

kurobe Gorge railway ticket 2015/7/2 10:20
HI,
I am planning to visit Kurobe Gorge on 26/Oct. This is almost end of peak period but was advised to purchase railway ticket to avoid disappointment since train seats are limited. There is internet purchase ticket available but in Japanese, and will require band transfer to purchase, which i do not understand Japanese and do not have bank account in Japan. Is there other alternatives that I can purchase ticket in advance? I check some popular travel agency like Yokoso, Japanican, sunrise..they do not sell this ticket.
Ticket : 4Pax(adult)

Thanks for anyone who can share.
Sally
by Sally Soh  

Re: kurobe Gorge railway ticket 2015/7/2 13:09

I visited Kurobe gorge November 2013; reserved one way ticket to Keyakidaira thru torokko@kurotetu.co.jp.
I took the earliest train, and noticed plenty of empty seats, obviously the train was not fully booked.
My initial plan was to stop in each station on the return journey, unfortunately, despite of departing early, did not have time for that.
Purchasing return ticket from Keyakidaira was no problem; it was late afternoon then, most of the visitors already gone, and the train was virtually half empty.
By the way, you can only reserve one way or return tickets. If you plan to break the journey, you have no option but to purchase individual tickets at each station.

http://www.torokko-yoyaku.com/ http://www.kurotetu.co.jp/en/ticket/index.html
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: kurobe Gorge railway ticket 2015/7/2 14:41
Hi liem,

So I just sent my request to this email (torokko@kurotetu.co.jp) to reserve ticket and how can i make payment if i am not able to make fund transfer?

What is your suggestion on planning amount of time at each of the 3 stops and if i plan to reach last stop (Kuronagi) at 4pm, is it too late/dark since day will be shorten during autumn?

Thank you,
Sally
by Sally Soh rate this post as useful

Re: kurobe Gorge railway ticket 2015/7/2 20:32

So I just sent my request to this email (torokko@kurotetu.co.jp) to reserve ticket and how can i make payment if i am not able to make fund transfer?
No payment was requested then . I was given a reservation number , and payment was made in Unazuki's ticket office when tickets were collected.

What is your suggestion on planning amount of time at each of the 3 stops and if i plan to reach last stop (Kuronagi) at 4pm, is it too late/dark since day will be shorten during autumn?
We hiked deep into the Babadani areas , only managed to spent extra time in Keyakidaira on the return journey.
If you are planning to visit Keyakidaira , Kanetsuri and Kuronagi only, you may time the visits to the trains timetable ( spend about 2 hrs in each place). If you depart early, you would have enough time to visit those places.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread