Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Miyajima - Sunday or Monday morning? 2015/7/2 14:39
Hi all,

My sister and I are going to be in Hiroshima for two nights at the start of October, arriving the night of Saturday the 3rd and departing early Monday afternoon.

We are planning to do both the Hiroshima Peace Park and a trip to Miyajima during that time. As we have the full day on Sunday and only half a day on Monday (we will be leaving Hiroshima station between noon and 2pm), which would you allow the most time for?

On Miyajima we want to see Itsukushima shrine, hopefully take the ropeway up Mt Misen and climb the rest of the way to the summit and possibly stop by Daisho-in temple.

In terms of the Peace Park we obviously want to do it justice and preferably not be rushed.

I am also aware that both places will probably be noticeably more crowded on the Sunday. Does Miyajima get too crowded on weekends during October? Are we likely to enjoy it a lot more on Monday when it is a bit quieter, even though we'd have less time?

I would love any advice and opinions on this and I am looking forward to reading your responses.

Thanks, Sarah
by Sarah (guest)  

Re: Miyajima - Sunday or Monday morning? 2015/7/2 20:03
I had the same problem in March, but I thought Myajima would take more time so I went on sunday even if it was a bit crowded: I was right, it took quite few hours.
No reason to go if you have to rush back to catch a train. Go early to have less problems. Don't miss Daisho-in, I liked it a lot.

It makes sense to do the Peace Memorial Park in the morning of monday right before going to the station IMO.
by Sputnikboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread