Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

KIX from Kyoto, when to leave? 2015/7/6 14:21
Hi,
I have a morning flight leaving 11.45 from Terminal 1 in a week. It says on the ticket check in must be completed by 10.45, but when would it be recommended to be at the airport?

And when should I leave from Kyoto? I will use the JR Haruka train for this...
by Yoy (guest)  

Re: KIX from Kyoto, when to leave? 2015/7/6 15:17
Haruka trains are not very frequent, so there is usually only one which makes sense given your flight departure time. For you, it would probably be the one which arrives at 10:04.

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi/en/intervaltime.html?dep_node=KYOTO&arv_no...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: KIX from Kyoto, when to leave? 2015/7/6 19:35
Would it be fine to be att the airport less than 2 hour before flight? I always travel from Narita usually so I am not used to Kansai.
by Yoy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: KIX from Kyoto, when to leave? 2015/7/6 19:39
Well, that's up to you... Do you plan to do something at the airport before checking in?

Re: KIX from Kyoto, when to leave? 2015/7/6 20:49
Not sure, but I know there use to be a recommended time to be at the airport. That is what I am trying to figure out as I already wrote never flied from Kansai. Well yes it is up to me but I want to hear recommemdations please.
by Yoy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: KIX from Kyoto, when to leave? 2015/7/6 23:35
Well, people are free to make any recommendations they want, but I have seen many people here talking of arriving at the airport 3 hours in advance, which I find ridiculous (again, unless you have specific plans for before check-in).

Japanese airports are very efficient, arriving at the airport 40 minutes before the check-in deadline is already more than enough.

Re: KIX from Kyoto, when to leave? 2015/7/6 23:41
Recommended 2 hours before departure. It gives enough time for checking your bags in, go thru departure immigration and maybe grab a bite to eat or shopping.

Smaller airports or if you don't have any check bags, you can go maximum check-in time of 60 mins.

And of course you still need to train/taxi/bus the additional time to get to the airport.

Hope this help!!
Have Fun!!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: KIX from Kyoto, when to leave? 2015/7/7 07:32
Kansai is an awesome airport, I find it is very efficient. I think 2 hours before is plenty depending on how long you are in line to check in with the carrier. I would mention though that there can be train delays on the odd occasion (it happened to us one year and we lost about an hour). Personally, I'd allow a little bit longer just in case.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread