Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arrival at Kansai Intl Airport 2015/7/11 12:05
I was wondering how long it should take me to get out of Kansai Airport, and if anyone has any experience there.

The reason why I'm asking is because my hotel holds my reservation until midnight and cancels it (unless I contact them) and there aren't too many trains going towards central Osaka after 10pm...

My scheduled time of arrival is 9:50 pm. is this the time when the plane is supposed to land or is this the time when I'm already checking out? How long does it take to check out?

Then, how long should it take me to find a 7-11 to withdraw money, and how long does it typically take to get your JR pass? is there usually a long line there at night time?

all in all, by what time am I likely to leave the airport, considering I'm arriving at 9:50 pm?

by alexg94  

Re: Arrival at Kansai Intl Airport 2015/7/11 12:44
9.50PM will be landing time I think. Occasionally you have to taxi around a bit at Kansai as well, though most of the time you are off the plane pretty fast. Customs and immigration are very quick in my experience, though baggage can take a while. If you had carry on only, I think you could be through within 20 minutes tops.

Cant help you with the train tickets but if you are through fast, you cross the skybridge to the train station area and there is a JR office there. I havent been there past 8.30PM so I dont know when they close, but they are usually pretty quick.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arrival at Kansai Intl Airport 2015/7/11 12:49
you're saying the JR office (that exchanges my order into a Pass) has a closing time?? not 24 hr?

I will have carry on and a suitcase. Is Kansai Int. airport big? is it hard to manage around it?

thanks again.
by alexg94 rate this post as useful

Re: Arrival at Kansai Intl Airport 2015/7/11 14:21
I'm not sure but I would have doubted it was 24 hour, unless the trains run 24 hours.

Kansai isnt a huge airport. It is a lot smaller and easier to get around than Narita. It is really nice, as far as airports go.

Re: Arrival at Kansai Intl Airport 2015/7/11 14:24
Thanks!

Re: Arrival at Kansai Intl Airport 2015/7/11 22:02
The exchange office closes at 23:00, so you will have to be pretty quick or exchange it in Osaka the following day.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: Arrival at Kansai Intl Airport 2015/7/12 10:51
I know the office closes at 23:00.

Sorry about the noob question, it's just my first time ever traveling (so far) alone. I'm only 21.
Do airplanes tend to land on time? is my plane likely to land on time considering it's mid-August, 9:50 at night and there will probably not be rain? I've talked to my hotel and they said they'll wait for me until like 12:30 am if I call. Now I'm a bit more relaxed.

Re: Arrival at Kansai Intl Airport 2015/7/12 13:27
Hard to say whether the plane will land on time, though the later you land the less people there tends to be in the airport and the faster you get through. My experience has been that save where there has been a storm or something which delayed other flights landing, the only times I've had a delayed landing is where the take off is delayed. That happens quite a bit, but they tend to make up the time even if you take off a half hour late on a 9 hour trip.

Re: Arrival at Kansai Intl Airport 2015/7/20 17:57
Arrival time depends on many factors, and is hard to predict ahead of time: is the airline generally reliable? What will the weather be like from your departure point and your arrival point? Are there any bad weather spots on the way (that the plane may have to avoid)? Will there be a tail or headwind? Will the plane you will be on be arriving from its previous flight on time? Will there be a mechanical fault? Will all passengers board quickly and not cause a fuss? Too many factors to predict arrival time for a single flight!

Getting through Kansai Airport is very fast! I don't think you'll have any trouble getting to the JR office before 23:00. When I arrived last year it was mid-afternoon; I collected my luggage as soon as I reached the baggage carousel (my suitcase appeared right in front of me as I walked up!) and customs was very efficient. Took about 20 minutes all up. The airport is easy to navigate - just follow the signs to the trains. Consider buying some yen before you leave so you have money when you arrive and don't need to worry about withdrawing it at the airport. Use hyperdia.com/en to check if there is a train available for you to get to Osaka before midnight. If you don't need to take the Haruka train (the JR train into Osaka from the airport), then don't exchange your pass at the airport - take the Nankai train and exchange your pass the next day to save time. You'll be tired after flying!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arrival at Kansai Intl Airport 2015/7/20 18:20
^not only that, you also dont waste your pass that you are only going to use it just few hrs before the day ends

I have checked the KIX international arrivals for today, and it seems from 9pm onwards, theres still few international flights coming in.
I'd say your hurdle is how fast you can clear the immigration vs other passengers
http://flight.kansai-airport.or.jp/info/kixfltweb/flte_result.asp#sear...
by ejump0 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread