Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

CoE application taking longer than expected 2015/7/14 10:27
I applied my own CoE on behalf of my own company I established on my last visit.. I used a lawyer.. Now it's more then 2 months but still waiting!! Any suggestions? Lawyer is also saying wait...
by Kenyan (guest)  

Re: CoE application taking longer than expected 2015/7/14 15:07
It is not abnormal for the COE process to take up to 3+ months, and usually on the longer side for first time sponsor companies as they are vetted. Not much you can do but follow your lawyers advice and wait.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: CoE application taking longer than expected 2015/7/14 16:32
Ok if its 3pluse months so why do they explain it as its faster. I use to get visitor visa in one month max. Here now after getting CoE i need to apply for visa again and receiving that CoE to me another 1 week so you add 10 days on top of those 3 months...
by kenyan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CoE application taking longer than expected 2015/7/14 17:07
Ok if its 3pluse months so why do they explain it as its faster.

It's usually explained as taking 1-3 months or more. One month or more for big, well established companies, longer for less established companies, especially those that are first time sponsors. Didn't your lawyer explain that to you?

I use to get visitor visa in one month max.

Visitor visas are generally easier to get than resident visas.

Here now after getting CoE i need to apply for visa again and receiving that CoE to me another 1 week so you add 10 days on top of those 3 months...

It's not really meant to be a fast process.

Re: CoE application taking longer than expected 2015/7/16 10:05
the delay may have something to do with your COE being based on a company you set up on your last visit. They may have to investigate your background more. As anyone could set up a random company to get a visa.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: CoE application taking longer than expected 2015/8/2 07:23
Hello...
sad im still waiting for my CoE.. and only 1 week remaining to reach 3 months.. i dont know what to say...
all my business plan has to be re planed... im loosing business.
i applied on 11th MAY 2015 and no response until today..
i have already spent alot of money and time and expenses are still going on in japan... rents and bills... imagine!
im really fed up with japanese immigration process and its delays...
by Kenyan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CoE application taking longer than expected 2015/8/2 14:05
I suspect, as yllwsmrf explained, that they are investigating into your company, which was set up by you on your last visit. And the "standard" processing time is 1 - 3 months, so I would not even call it a "delay" yet at all.

It was unfortunate that you made business plans apparently assuming that the visa would be granted far earlier, but in any field, no business can start until you receive all permits/licenses required, and visa is one of them where it is difficult to estimate when/if it will be granted. And still considering it is a new company, you have to be patient.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CoE application taking longer than expected 2015/8/11 03:01
Hi friends...
Now the 3 months are over today and I have not received my CoE ...
Still waiting... Thanks

Re: CoE application taking longer than expected 2015/8/11 14:07
I didn't realize that you are trying to sponsor yourself via your own company. In that case, like ... said, I would expect the visa process to take at least three months, probably longer as they need to investigate your situation.

all my business plan has to be re planed... im loosing business.
i applied on 11th MAY 2015 and no response until today..
i have already spent alot of money and time and expenses are still going on in japan... rents and bills... imagine!

So your business isn't running in your absence? That might cause problems too, since the business would be your sponsor. But hard to say really without knowing more about the details.

Now the 3 months are over today and I have not received my CoE ...

It's really meant to be a slow process so they can properly check out both the applicant AND the sponsoring company, so as mentioned, three months is probably not out of the ordinary for this type of situation. What is your lawyer saying? Btw, what the system recently changed this year to help streamline the process for those trying to set up business in Japan. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have come in time to help you.

Re: CoE application taking longer than expected 2015/8/11 15:57
Yess... its same as you are thinking...
i tried to sponsor via my own company which is not working in my absence...

but it is how its suppose to be when a new establishment begins..
with out visa company cant be run.. opening a bank account, conducting any business is not possible.. its only that you can invest and establish a company and set an office first than you apply, hiring staff and bank transactions cannot be without business visa..
thats what i was told by lawyer... everything starts after investor visa!

Re: CoE application taking longer than expected 2015/8/11 16:34
...which is why they replaced the investor visa with the new Business Manager Visa. It addresses pretty much all the issues that you described. That took effect April 1st, so it looks like you just missed it. In fact, I'm quite surprised your lawyer hasn't informed you of this.

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/nyukan2015/index.html

Re: CoE application taking longer than expected 2015/8/12 04:19
DEAR yllwsmrf

you are right i was not unaware of this, but still it seems like its made easier for peoples to come, as my understanding is, previously it was necessary for a foreigner ti INVEST aswell if he she wants to become manager/director in that company.. now the peoples can become MANAGER/DIRECTOR without even investing into those companies which are already running in JAPAN owned by anyone NATIONAL or foriegner in japan..
for a new company their must be a INVESTOR first who can become or work as manager/director in that company and for that purpose he needs MANAGER VISA..
in my case i invested first than i applied for COE for visa of Business Manager/Director which is not that something out of the criteria..
by KENYAN (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread