Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Icoca enough to ride the haruka express? 2015/7/18 19:50
ok so I will be going to Japan in two months and I am considering getting an Icoca card once I get to Osaka kansai airport.
Once I get the card and put enough money in it can I ride the haruka from Kansai airport to Kyoto station? or do I have to purchase a separate ticket for the train anyway?
Thanks
by Ema97  

Re: Is Icoca enough to ride the haruka express? 2015/7/19 11:32
Once I get the card and put enough money in it can I ride the haruka from Kansai airport to Kyoto station? or do I have to purchase a separate ticket for the train anyway?

You have to buy a separate ticket additionally because the Haruka is a limited express train for which a supplement fee is required in addition to the base fare. The Icoca covers only the base fare.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Is Icoca enough to ride the haruka express? 2015/7/20 12:57
The first reply is correct, you need a special ticket. You can buy a Haruka and ICOCA package, which is cheaper than buying them separately.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Icoca enough to ride the haruka express? 2015/7/20 18:28
Thanks to both for the info, can I buy the Haruka Icoca package at the same machine where I get the Icoca at Kansai airport station?
by Ema97 rate this post as useful

Re: Is Icoca enough to ride the haruka express? 2015/7/21 11:45
I'm not sure if you can purchase it at a machine. You might be better off buying it from the JR ticket counter, just to be sure; or look for more information on this website.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Icoca enough to ride the haruka express? 2015/7/21 12:33
the Haruka Icoca package can only be purchased from an agent at the ticket office as you need to present your passport. it can only be purchased by customers with foreign nationality whose status of residence is for a short-term stay.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Icoca enough to ride the haruka express? 2015/7/21 17:48
So if I'm staying for a year that means I have to buy them separately?
by Ema97 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread