Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Autumn Leaves 2015/7/18 23:04
I am thinking to visit Kyoto in the middle of november for the next momiji and I am considering Ohara and Takaosan, but maybe I cannot visit both this time. Which one can you advise me? Both are popular and beautiful, so hard to choose...
by Piuma  

Re: Kyoto Autumn Leaves 2015/7/19 11:45
I am considering Ohara and Takaosan

Do you mean Takao?

Which one can you advise me? Both are popular and beautiful, so hard to choose...

Indeed, they are both beautiful areas and both can have nice leaves. The colors at Takao are usually a little bit earlier than in Ohara. So, I recommend to check at the tourist information desk (or on japan-guide.com) where the colors are better during your visit.

Also, Takao is a forested, steep valley with some temples, while Ohara has more open fields and feel like a rural town. Of course, Ohara, too has some nice temples. I recommend to read a little more about each and also make a decision based on which place sounds more attractive to you personally.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Autumn Leaves 2015/7/19 13:15
My personal choice, having been to both places in autumn, is Ohara.

It is really stunning during the autumn season, especially Sanzen-in Temple!

by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Autumn Leaves 2015/7/19 22:32
Thank you! :)
by Piuma rate this post as useful

reply to this thread