Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanazawa - Hotel 2015/7/23 17:29
What is the best area to stay in Kanazawa ? Any Hotel recommendation? Budget till $100 per night. Thank You
by Goldi16  

Re: Kanazawa - Hotel 2015/7/23 18:30
Hotel rate changes by date. Also, in Japan, "single" room is usually cheaper than "twin" or "double" room. If you do not specify these information, no one can answer confidently.

Anyway, you can check the room rate and user ratings in many booking site and booking portal site. Recently I usually use Trivago. As I searched Trivago on 16th August for single occupancy in Kanazawa and sort by user ratings,

http://goo.gl/HrMn0U

there are

Hotel Nikko Kanazawa 11700 yen User rate 89
Hotel Trusty Kanazawa Korinbo 9416 yen User rate 88
ANA Crowne Plaza hotel 10920 yen User rate 85
Dormy Inn 7990 yen User rate 84
Daiwa Roynet 5700 yen User rate 84

etc.

Personally, I will choose Daiwa Roynet, since I am a fan of Daiwa Roynet hotel chain, and it is cheapest.

Of course, this rate is for 16th Aug, as of now. If you change the date, the result will change drastically. I think Kanazawa in August is not so popular, so the hotel rate might go down.

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa - Hotel 2015/7/23 18:57
Thanks! Looking for double room, but more important for me which area is recommended to sleep
by Goldi16 rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa - Hotel 2015/7/23 19:28
For me, I'd stay downtown.

When we were last there, we stayed at the APA on Kawaramachi. Rooms were a little old, but they were big, with a lounge and kitchen area, and there was a bath and laundry facilities that you could use in the sister APA hotel across the road (where you also had to go for breakfast). Price was good, especially bearing in mind the size of room.

The benefit of this was that it was well located for night-time food and entertainment options, while also being within walkable distance of the garden, castle, market, C21st Art Museum, etc.

On a previous visit, we stayed in a minshuku near the station, whose name I can't remember, but which was also really good. It was more of a bus ride than a walk to the main sights, but of course it was handy for the station. We've also stayed in a business hotel by the station (?Green Hotel? I can't remember as it was several years ago), which was fine, but again you probably wanted a bus to get to the main sights.

Kanazawa itself is relatively compact, so location is arguably not such an issue as it might be in a larger city.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa - Hotel 2015/7/24 05:04
Most recent stay was at Holiday Inn Kanazawa Sky and it has a great location opposite the market and still close to castle and gardens. Previously have stayed at the Tokyu Inn (comfortable, but a little more expensive).

A lot of the hotels seem to be clustered around the train station, which is less interesting as an area to explore.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa - Hotel 2015/7/24 07:22
Staying near JR station is most convenient, but $100USD is not going to buy you a nice room.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa - Hotel 2015/7/24 07:50
I've stayed at the MyStays near the JR station. It's a boring section of down as far as night life goes but convenient for catching a bus to the sights you want to see. Depending on the month and day of the week and the exchange rate you can get a double-bedded room for around 100 USD.
by SkipperL rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa - Hotel 2015/7/24 07:50
I stayed at the Toyoko Inn near the station for a few nights back in April. It was convenient for me, as I walked everywhere I needed to go and since I took the first Kagayaki train out, being close to the station was a plus. I spent 9234 yen for both nights, so that's about USD$40 a night (today's rate)
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread