Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Final check Itinerary-suggestions please 2015/7/24 12:25
Sept 1-16, 2015

Arrive in Haneda Airport -Toyoko Inn overnight.
Next day fly out to Naha for 4 days.
Fly from Naha to Sapporo.
Activate 7 day JR pass.
Noboribetsu 1 night.
Asahikawa base 2 nights. Day trip to Furano Sept 10. Sunflowers in bloom I hope.
Asahikawa to Wakkanai 1night (Dormy Inn) to eat sea urchin.Uni.
Wakkanai to Sapporo. Take the night train to Aomori.
Aomori to Morioka. Overnight. Day trip to Nyuto Onsen.

Kusatsu day trip.

Return home.

Please advise how my itinerary is.
by Princess (guest)  

Re: Final check Itinerary-suggestions please 2015/7/30 03:49
Does anyone like my itinerary? How is it? Any input is appreciated.
by Princess (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Final check Itinerary-suggestions please 2015/7/30 06:04
Hi Princess,

I noticed you are trying to get feed back but having trouble getting responses. What are you asking for feed back on? (ie Is this do-able?, can you fit anything else in? etc.)

Looks like a great trip. Some parts seem like they could be fast paced depending on what you do for the day. Night trains can sell out fast, even with a JR PASS. Do you have a back up plan if you can't get a space on the night train? You may be planning this already, but make sure you get that night train reservation ticket with your JR Pass as soon as you get in to Tokyo. Just go to JR and tell them the activation dates for the pass and you can start reserving trains with in that window.

I hope this helps, if not please be specific on what you would like feedback on. Thank you and have fun on your trip!

by Anne (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Final check Itinerary-suggestions please 2015/7/30 07:54
Thanks Anne.
I think I am all set.
by Princess (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Final check Itinerary-suggestions please 2015/7/30 19:26
Two things

1. Flying in and then purchasing a Hokkaido train pass might be more value for money.

2. Trains are really slow in Hokkaido. No Shinkansen and many local trains. Can be really hot in summer too. Renting a car or getting a tour for a day might be a good idea to get from point to point. Especially if you pack large luggages
by Joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread