Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa - Can parents fund the trip ? 2015/7/24 16:21
Hey guys,
I hope this question is allowed here.

I visited Japan this past July and want to visit back this December (christmas yay~).
The only difference being, I traveled alone in July but in December wish to do the journey with a friend.

I am a Freelancer (iOS app developer) by profession, and even though I was called for a interview for my Visa in June, I still got it without any hiccups (just had to clarify about my freelancing and financial status, etc. and show them I had enough knowledge about Japan, being a Otaku).

Now, I am pretty sure I should be able to get my Visa for december as well without any hiccups (my financial or professional status has not changed and I have visited japan once).

My main concern is my friend.
He is single, unmarried and 20 years of age (same as me so far) BUT he is a webmaster and not a Freelancer. His source of revenue/income is via his website(s) and adnetworks on his sites.
I am not sure how he can show them as a professional or viable source of income.
He DO have enough funds to cover the trip.

His elder brother is employed though.
As such, I was wondering if he can show his brother/parents sponsoring and funding his trip ?
Is that possible ? If so, what would the procedure and related documents be ?

I also had a thought on submitting both our visa applications via me (as a group) and myself showing as the one bearing the trip cost, but we both live in separate states. Is there any solution to this ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#Query 2
In case, if I wanted my little brother to join us on the trip and cover his expenses myself or our parents cover my brother's expenses, what would the procedure be ?

I would appreciate any kind of hints or information on both the queries.

Regards
by shubhank008  

Re: Visa - Can parents fund the trip ? 2015/8/4 07:39
~~bump

Any ideas guys ?
by shubhank008 rate this post as useful

Re: Visa - Can parents fund the trip ? 2015/8/4 08:24
Well this is an interesting question. I never, for a temporary visitor visa had to apply for so many things. How did you get by the previous time? Are you applying for the same type of visa?
by Joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa - Can parents fund the trip ? 2015/8/4 08:40
Yes applying for same Tourist Visa and as mentioned, I am not worried about my own case, but my concerns are for my friend (from different city) and my brother (same place as me)
by shubhank008 rate this post as useful

Re: Visa - Can parents fund the trip ? 2015/8/4 10:13
I think your friend / brother can just submit parent's bank statement and birth certificate that shown parent-child relationship between bank statement owner & visa applicants.
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa - Can parents fund the trip ? 2015/8/4 14:38
Your friend doesn't have to have any income at all as long as he has the bank account with enough money on it.
As for the trip being sponsored by a family member, all you need is a sponsorship letter, stating that you/your parents are covering all the expenses for the person + bank statement + it would be nice to have a document that proves you are relatives, but that is not crucial.
by RandomCitizen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread