Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Senjogahara Plateau Nature Trail 2015/7/24 20:13
Hi there,

I am planning to visit this trail with my friend this early December. I saw on japan-guide that we may require snow shoes. Is there any way we can get them near Ryuzu-no-taki 竜頭ノ滝 bus stop? We are beginning our walk from there and if necessary we may need to rent snow shoes.

We are travelling to Nikko from Tokyo for a half day trail, hence do you recommend we buy the 2 -day Nikko Pass (2670 yen) or we should just pay the nominal fees? (which i believe is 1350 yen to Ryuzu-no-taki 竜頭ノ滝 bus stop from Nikko Tobu Stn and if we were to walk north to Yumoto Onsen 湯元温泉 to take the bus back to Nikko Stn, it would be 1650 yen which in total is 3000 yen)

Correct my calculations if im wrong about the nominal fees.

Thanks guys! :-)
by lebamwong  

Re: Senjogahara Plateau Nature Trail 2015/7/25 12:03
I cannot tell exactly which month these photos were taken in, but please note it can get this cold and snowy:

http://find-travel.jp/article/488
They list several places where you can rent those snow shoes. You might want to start from the higher end (Yumoto Onsen) and walk down to Ryuzu-no-taki.

The bus pass makes sense. You can buy it when you get to Nikko.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread