Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shopping at Apple Stores 2015/7/26 22:54
I need to purchase a new MacBook with an English keyboard for work, but there are no Apple Stores near me.

1. Ordering from Apple Japan's website

I attempted to order a MacBook from Apple Japan's website. It said it wouldn't ship for a week. It's been 3 days and my credit card has still not been charged.

Yesterday I attempted to order an accessory from Apple Japan's website that would ship the next day, but I got an email saying my credit card was denied.

I've used my credit card for other online purchases in Japan and it has worked. The only thing I can think of that would get it denied is having an inappropriate billing address. My billing address is still my address in the United States, but my shipping address is here in Japan where I'm living for the year.

The website does not allow me to enter an American billing address, so instead I put my billing address as the same address as my shipping address. This is the only reason I can think that my card would be denied .

I have yet to receive the same email regarding the MacBook that I got as the adapter, but I assume I will get it before it ships because why would they accept my card for one purchase, but not the other?

If this is the case, is there anyway to enter an American billing address, but use a Japanese shipping address? Or must the billing and shipping addresses be the same?

2. In-store purchases at Apple Stores

If I get the email that my credit card was not accepted online, I will make the trek to an actual Apple Store. However, I've been told that the Apple stores do not have English keyboards in stock in store - they must be ordered.

In America you can go to the Apple Store and the clerks will special order stuff for you online there and have it shipped to where you live, but you still pay in store that day . Do Apple Stores in Japan do this? If so, do they accept American credit cards in store? Would they be able to order an English keyboard MacBook and ship it to my apartment For me or no?
by Lost without a laptop (guest)  

Re: Shopping at Apple Stores 2015/7/27 10:08
I've used my credit card for other online purchases in Japan and it has worked. The only thing I can think of that would get it denied is having an inappropriate billing address. My billing address is still my address in the United States, but my shipping address is here in Japan where I'm living for the year.

When I purchased my mac I used a US credit card and had it shipped to a Japanese address without any problems. Perhaps your second purchase triggered some sort of fraud warning. Have you contacted your credit card company yet?

The website does not allow me to enter an American billing address, so instead I put my billing address as the same address as my shipping address. This is the only reason I can think that my card would be denied.

I'm looking at my order and that's exactly what I did.

If I get the email that my credit card was not accepted online, I will make the trek to an actual Apple Store. However, I've been told that the Apple stores do not have English keyboards in stock in store - they must be ordered.

That is correct

In America you can go to the Apple Store and the clerks will special order stuff for you online there and have it shipped to where you live, but you still pay in store that day . Do Apple Stores in Japan do this? If so, do they accept American credit cards in store? Would they be able to order an English keyboard MacBook and ship it to my apartment For me or no?

Yes, yes, and yes.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping at Apple Stores 2015/7/27 11:28
You entered your billing address to be the same as your Japanese shipping address - even if your billing address was an American address and it worked?

I called my credit card company and all they said was that I haven't been charged for the MacBook (yet) and the problem must be on their end.

I guess I will just wait until it's supposed to ship this weekend and see if it really does or if I get that email. If that's the case I'll have to make a trip to the store.
by Lost without a laptop (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping at Apple Stores 2015/7/27 11:37
You entered your billing address to be the same as your Japanese shipping address - even if your billing address was an American address and it worked?

Yep

I guess I will just wait until it's supposed to ship this weekend and see if it really does or if I get that email. If that's the case I'll have to make a trip to the store.

Sounds prudent to me to see if the charge goes through first.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread