Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/7/27 21:24
I am expecting a package via EMS to America. It has been 3 days since "shipped" but when I try to track it on Japan Post's website nothing comes up. It's as if the tracking number is invalid. Shouldn't it at least have a input for acceptance by the Japanese post office?
Anybody have similar experience or should I worry?

by Japan Post EMS (guest)  

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/7/28 09:09
You should be able to track it at least till it hits the outbound port leaving Japan. It may take a day for it to get into the system, but three days is a little excessive. I'd contact the shipper, maybe they transcribed the tracking number incorrectly. Or you could just wait another day or two since the usual transit time for EMS to the US is about 3 days.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/7/28 09:10
I would say it should appear after 3 days, at least as number registered and accepted.

Is it a parcel that a shop has sent to you (meaning you were given the number via e-mail), or is that something you've sent out yourself while in Japan (meaning you have the exact number at hand)?

If it's the former, e-mail to ask again or the correct number sent to you.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/7/28 13:15
I contacted the shipper and was told the tracking number they provided is correct. Been about 4 days since shipped and still absolutely no luck tracking it. =/
Is it lost?
by Japan Post EMS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/7/28 13:52
I'd give it up to a week before I'd start worrying. In extreme cases the item can be delivered before it's even entered into the database.

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/7/28 13:55
Yes it might be delivered without being registered into the tracking system, but I would contact the shipper again and get them to try the tracking, and if not found, to get them to contact the dispatching post office to see what is happening. The value of EMS is faster transit time AND tracking capability :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/7/28 14:13
The seller knows what is going on. I guess I'm going to wait it out a few more days.
Thank you guys I'll update once I figure everything out.

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/7/31 05:36
Still no updates on the package.

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/7/31 08:08
I know how frustrating this must be for you!!

Although I have received every package that I have sent to the USA via EMS from Japan, there are other instances where I had to wait a substantial period of time for EMS packages to arrive from the UK.

In each case, it was either a problem with the US Postal Service, or a package begging delayed in US Customs. That said, I did eventually receive my packages.

As hard as it is, I would still give it a few more business days, and I would concur with AK's suggestion that you contact the store and have them contact the dispatching post office.

Good luck :)
by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/7/31 08:09
Did you get a copy of the waybill of EMS from the sender? If nothing appears, then the number you got from the sender could be wrong.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/7/31 08:10
That should be "being" not "begging." Auto spellchecker :(
by Ohara, (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/7/31 09:49
I have had no problems with two or three packages I sent from Japan to NYC via EMS......three days usually.

However, I had a package from Israel that sounds like what you are experiencing - I am not sure if I was able to track it... it was a couple of years ago. Anyway the shipper insisted it had left Israel in good time. I finally got it - no real explanation - maybe US Customs.

Good luck!
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/7/31 16:07
I think the tracking number is registered automatically, when the package is brought to a post office, because the number is scanned by bar code system.(no one records the number manually.)
according to my old memory,
the tracking information was like that:
date and time:arrived at xxxxx office, waiting for Tokyo customs.
date and time:arrived at xxxx air port, waiting for US customs.
the information was renewed almost everyday (if weekdays) until the package was received. (it is within a few days.)

if the number is not registered,
it is like that:‚¨–â‚¢‡‚킹”Ô†‚ªŒ©‚‚©‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñ.

you say "nothing comes up".
which is your situation, either "the number is not registered" or "the number is registered, but no information updated" ?

if the number is not registered, the most possible explanation is that the package was not sent.
you should ask the sender to give you a copy of the receipt of the shipping label, in which the post office stamp should be there.

by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/8/1 06:23
I appreciate all the replies.
A couple days ago, the seller said he contacted the post office and he was told they can't locate the package. They asked him to check back with them the following day. The seller promised to give me an update yesterday but I haven't heard from him. Not a surprise, his communication has been poor from he start but that's a separate issue.
If I was unclear about the tracking number, it does not register on the Japan Post website.
I gave a lot of thought into whether or not I should order a $1300 item from overseas. This turned into a headache. I hope he's not running some type of scam.

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/8/1 08:31
Yikes.. did not realize that this was an item(s) that you purchased over the internet.

Personally, I have never purchased anything online from Japan so I cannot speak to that. I have only shipped EMS packages to my USA address while in Japan and had no issues.

Was this through eBay (there are many Japanese sellers on eBay)? If so, you have rights and will receive your money back for non-receipt of item via the eBay dispute process. Also, if your purchase was on eBay, you would be best served by creating a post on their buyer's forum.

If it was not an eBay purchase, and you paid by credit card, you could dispute the charges with your credit card company.

Best of luck ..

by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/8/3 10:35
If I was unclear about the tracking number, it does not register on the Japan Post website.
I gave a lot of thought into whether or not I should order a $1300 item from overseas. This turned into a headache. I hope he's not running some type of scam.

Oh no, I though you were just dealing with a regular store order. Where did you find this seller? Was it an auction site or classified? Sorry to say, but this sounds awfully like a scam. I hope you payed by credit card or are covered by insurance.

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/8/4 12:11
Ask for a photo of the waybill.

It sounds very very dodgy to me.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/8/30 00:56
i'm experiencing this same thing right now, except to Canada. did you ever get your parcel, or an explanation, topic creator?
by zach (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS no tracking update 2015/8/30 10:16
Did you get any update?
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread