Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 Days Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/7/28 17:34
Hi,

I am traveling to Japan on 23rd Dec 15 to 1st Jan 2016 for 10days.
I am planning to buy a 7 Day JR Pass to travel to Takayama, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka and back to Tokyo.

Plan to activate my JR Pass on 23rd Dec to 30th Dec since my 1st leg of travel will be to Nagoya, Takayma, Kyoto, Osaka and back to Tokyo.

My last leg from 30th Dec to 1st Jan will be at Tokyo-I plan to buy a 3 days Tokyo Subway Pass.
May I know-is it a OPEN ticket pass? How does the expiry date work? I can only buy the pass at the AIrport and I plan to use it only on LAST leg of my travel which is 30th Dec to 1st Jan. Do they take it from the day I buy the pass? I will arrive on 23rd Dec.
Any advices?
by bluname  

Re: 3 Days Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/7/28 21:00
the 3 day Metro Pass will start counting on the day you 1st use it.
You need to insert the pass into the gate slot (it will print the date on the day it was started being used).
That being said, you can buy it in advance.

Do take note, it only works on Tokyo Metro lines, and not Toei, Seibu and JR.
Tokyo Metro network is pretty wide in Tokyo, so you can get to most places(may need few train hopping to some places)
by ejump0 rate this post as useful

Re: 3 Days Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/7/28 21:14
Dear EjumpO,

Thank you very for answering to my query. It seems to have work well for my 10days Solo trip.
One more question, I will be staying in Shirakawago and Takayama, may I know do it snows at takayama too?
Thank you.
by bluname rate this post as useful

Re: 3 Days Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/7/29 05:02
You can get complete info here:
http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/travel/index.html#anc03

If you are coming in through the airport, you might as well get it there. But as long as you are on a Temporary Visitor Status you can get it also at a few Bic Camera stores in Tokyo as well.

It is a great deal - 1500 yen for 3 days. If you can't do 500 yen a day sightseeing in Tokyo using the subways, you must be doing something seriously wrong.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 Days Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/7/29 07:10
I believe Takayama n Shirakawago will be snowing in Dec (at least overnight snow is guaranteed) because of their high altitude, and the weather/temp recording of past years

Re: 3 Days Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/7/29 07:35
Hi bluname,

The 3-d pass that you asked about is called "Tokyo Subway 3-Day Ticket" and is valid on all Tokyo Metro lines and Toei subway lines. It is not a Metro pass as suggested by ejump0.

by tedrabjg rate this post as useful

Re: 3 Days Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/7/29 07:44
^
my bad. ted is right. toei is supported too.

Tokyo Subway Ticket
This ticket offers one to three consecutive days of unlimited rides on all Tokyo Metro 'and Toei' Subway lines.

Re: 3 Days Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/7/29 07:59
Plan to activate my JR Pass on 23rd Dec to 30th Dec

JR counts these dates as 8 days. If you start to use the JR pass 7 days on 23rd, it will expire on 29th, not 30th.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: 3 Days Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/7/29 08:04
Does anyone know if you're able to buy multiple 3-Day Tickets per person, or is there a limit? My husband and I will be in Tokyo for 9 days, so didn't know if we could get 6 3-Day Tickets and be covered.
by AddieG rate this post as useful

Re: 3 Days Tokyo Subway Pass 2015/7/29 14:17
Dear ejumo0, Ted, Ken,

Thank you for all the information given, It has been very helpful.
I am doing a Solo Trip alone in Japan and I hope I am able to find my way around in Japan, as the transportation is pretty complicated.

Thank you once again.
by bluname rate this post as useful

reply to this thread