Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Enquiring about Japan- Myanmar Laborer MOUs 2015/7/28 20:07
My brother is attaending Japan- Myanmar Factory worker recuriment training, hosted by Ministry of Industry II, in Mandalay technical training school, Upper Myanmar.
The training is now in progress and my brother is learning Japanese Language at this school. The school said workers will be paid 12 Lakhs in Myanmar Kyats, about 110 US$ per month, when they work at factory in Japan. I heard that Japan factories are well paid.
Is there something went wrong with this training and pay rates?
Please reply me.
with regards,
Mr. Thura Kyaw, Lecturer, Technological University(Thanlyin).
by Thura Kyaw (guest)  

Re: Enquiring about Japan- Myanmar Laborer MOUs 2015/7/29 10:20
I suspect that he is part of the program where people will be sent to Japan to work at a factory in a scheme supervised by this organization:

http://www.jitco.or.jp/english/overview/index.html

...where people from developing nations are supposed to acquire technical skills at enterprises in Japan so that they can contribute to development when they return to their country, having acquired the skills.

However, this scheme has been exploited in some cases by factory operators and farmers who need inexpensive labor.

If you got the numbers correct, 110 USD per month is too low in any case, even if (I assume) accommodation and meals are all provided free of charge. And it is definitely below the minimum wage in Japan.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enquiring about Japan- Myanmar Laborer MOUs 2015/7/29 12:27
I think there is a 0 missing in USD.
1 lakh is 100,000 right.
So 12lakhs should be USD1,100 .
That amount would should be normal, even scholarship student get that much.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enquiring about Japan- Myanmar Laborer MOUs 2015/7/29 16:23
OK, I did not check the currency.

If it is USD1,100 per month, plus accommodation/dormitory and (some of) meals provided (which often happens with factory jobs), then it sounds decent.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread