Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel from Osaka to Toyama by Thunderbird 2015/7/29 17:39
As i checked from internet, there seem to be a direct route from Osaka - Toyama by Limited Express Thunderbird. However, when i check again with Hyperdia, it's not available (only have to transit at Kanazawa Station)

Please advice me if direct route is still available.

Besides, i want to know if Limited Express Thunderbird is included in JR pass?
by Atiphon (guest)  

Re: Travel from Osaka to Toyama by Thunderbird 2015/7/29 21:45
I took the Thunderbird from Kyoto to Kanazawa and since it's JR, it is covered under the National JR Pass. With the opening of the Hokuriku Shinkansen however, the portion from Kanazawa to Toyama is on local, private lines now and that portion is not covered by the pass. You must transfer to Ishikawa Railways at Kanazawa.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Travel from Osaka to Toyama by Thunderbird 2015/7/29 23:05
@John B
Why use private line after Kanazawa?

After Kanazawa take "Hokuriku shinkansen" JR-Pass covered.
http://www.japan-guide.com/news/0033.html
by TS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel from Osaka to Toyama by Thunderbird 2015/7/29 23:18
love
by mink (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel from Osaka to Toyama by Thunderbird 2015/7/29 23:48
TS, you are absolutely right! My mistake was that I unticked the shinkansen box in order to avoid the Nozomi to Nagoya to Toyama routes and I totally forgot that the Hokuriku Shinkansen stops at Toyama! Worse still is that I took the Kagayaki to Omiya! lol
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Travel from Osaka to Toyama by Thunderbird 2015/7/30 07:58
As i checked from internet, there seem to be a direct route from Osaka - Toyama by Limited Express Thunderbird. However, when i check again with Hyperdia, it's not available (only have to transit at Kanazawa Station)
Please advice me if direct route is still available.

Besides, i want to know if Limited Express Thunderbird is included in JR pass?

Your probably looking at an old schedule, The Thunderbird use too go all the way but since the one portion of JR track from Kanazawa to Toyama is now private. So therefore the Thunderbird can only go till Kanazawa where you will switch to Shinkansen to Toyama.

And yes the JR rail pass is valid on Thunderbird trains.

Help this helps!!!
Have Fun!!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Travel from Osaka to Toyama by Thunderbird 2015/7/30 14:15
Thank you so much.

Its all clear now
by Atiphon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread