Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Stay in Izumoshi or Matsue? 2015/7/30 06:23
Hi,
I am deciding where to stay when visiting Izumo Taisha and Matsue, considering which would be the coziest place to stay.

I know there are good connections between the cities as well as out of them to Okayama, etc.

Besides Matsue castle and Izumo Taisha I have not planned for so much more. Matsue is close to L Shinji and Izumo I think is close to the Japan Sea.

Any suggestions?
by Oxo (guest)  

Re: Stay in Izumoshi or Matsue? 2015/7/30 10:30
I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Ichibata in the Matsue Onsen area. It has a onsen bath which overlooks Lake Shinji. It is close to the stop for the Lake Line Loop bus and also close to the Ichibata train station for the train to Izumo Taisha. Though Ichibata Railway is not covered by the JR pass it is much more convenient for going to Izumo Taisha.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stay in Izumoshi or Matsue? 2015/7/30 19:22
Stay at matsue. More actives. More buildings. More attractions. Onsen nearby.
Go to Izumo just for and only for the shrine. And to eat the izumo soba. That's all.
by Joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stay in Izumoshi or Matsue? 2015/7/30 19:23
P.s. Food wise, matsue has food from lake shinji. Seafood good
by Joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stay in Izumoshi or Matsue? 2015/7/30 21:07
Both cities touch the Sea of Japan, although most travelers in Matsue will only see Lake Shinji.

There are many things in both cities aside from just Izumo Shrine and Matsue Castle.

If you are not constrained by a tight budget, I'd suggest one of the onsen. The area actually has many onsen, some of which are consistently ranked among the highest in the nation by visitor ratings and travel writers.

Izumo has Yunokawa Onsen, one of the top 3 onsen for "beautiful women".

Matsue's Tamatsukuri Onsen is the top-rated onsen in the area and country. The city also has Shinjiko Onsen.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Stay in Izumoshi or Matsue? 2015/7/30 21:07
what is your plans there? Any intention to go Tottori.
Im also visiting Izumo/Matsue/Tottori in like .. 16days to go..

Since i'll be going Tottori as well, i'll be staying near Matsue/Yonago, as its in the middle between Izumo and Tottori. Izumo to tottori will be like 2hrs+ on express, so Matsue to Tottori will be close to half the time
by ejump0 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread