Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

matsumoto magome tsumago tokyo in 1 day 2015/7/30 07:49
Hello
i would like to know if it is possible to travel from matsumoto to magoma and make the magome-tsumago trail and catch the train to tokyo in 1 day ? is that realistic ?
by Adham (guest)  

Re: matsumoto magome tsumago tokyo in 1 day 2015/7/30 13:31
Yep, I think that's achievable. It would be a long day and you'd want to get cracking early.

So train Matsumoto to the station near Tsumago, I'd bus it to Magome and walk back, then back to the train and catch that to Nagoya, then shinkansen to Tokyo. The train from the Tsumago area (cant remember the station) is infrequent, so make sure you time everything well.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: matsumoto magome tsumago tokyo in 1 day 2015/7/30 14:06
The station near Tsumago is Nagiso and the station near Magome is Nakatsugawa. The expresses from Matsumoto don't stop at Nagiso, so to get there, you'd have to catch a local back from Nakatsugawa which would be a waste of time.

Take the express to Nakatsugawa, the earlier the better. Take the bus up the mountain from Nakatsugawa Station (just out front and to the left) to Magome. Walk up through Magome then continue up to Magome Pass and then down to Tsumago. From Tsumago, catch the bus back to Nakatsugawa, pick up an express there for Nagoya, and then the Shinkansen. An optional route at the end is to take the bus from Tsumago to Nagiso, get a local train to Nakatsugawa and transfer to an express there. There aren't a lot of locals through Nagiso though. I got into Nagiso at around 12:15 and had to wait 1 1/2 hours for the next train to Nakatsugawa, so I had some lunch at the restaurant across from the station. As stated earlier, it would be a long day.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: matsumoto magome tsumago tokyo in 1 day 2015/7/30 16:16
thanks a lot
i'll be trying to figure the buses times, as it seems, it might be the thing that can fail the plan
by Adham (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread