Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting Spouse Visa While in College 2015/7/30 13:34
A while ago my Japanese boyfriend of three years proposed to me to which I said yes. We are planning on getting married some time next year (hopefully) but I was wondering if there will be some trouble getting a spouse visa if I'm still in school? Or will it be better to wait until I graduate before applying?

Additional info: My boyfriend is 25 and has a job, but I'm 23 and still has a few years to go until I graduate. (I took some time off to work in my country before I went to university, hence the age) And I know that it's quite early for marriage to some, but we're marrying for cultural/religious reasons partly so that we can live together.
by witln  

Re: Getting Spouse Visa While in College 2015/7/30 15:37
As long as the marriage is genuine, and the Japanese spouse (who will be the "sponsor" for your visa/resident status) can support the two of you, that should be no problem.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread