Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Another help with september itenerary 2015/7/31 01:45
Hi all, it's a really hard task for me to plan our trip in September as there's so much to do and i'm having a blackout!

We have 22 full days, from September 10.
We want 7 full days in Tokyo (day trips to sites nearby included) and since we also wanted to visit Tokyo Game Show in the 19th, we have to split our time in Tokyo. It doesn't matter how to split it - just that we get to be in Tokyo again in the 19th :)
This is what I have so far:

10. Arriving at Tokyo :)
11. Tokyo
12. Tokyo
16.Tokyo
17.Tokyo
18.Tokyo
19. Tokyo Game Show
25. Koyasan
26. Kyoto
27. Kyoto - Hiroshima and Miyajima
28. Kyoto - Nara
29. Kyoto
30. Kyoto
1. Osaka
2. Osaka
3. Departure :(

At first, the plan was to witness the koyo in Hokkaido in the first gap (13-16) for three days, as William wrote a few days ago that shuttles will be available on these dates to Ginsendai, But after much reading, I understand that visiting Hokkaido only for 3 days might be really tight.

Anyways, Please help us fill the gaps! We're looking for some Hiking, Wildlife and some Villages.
I already went through Japan-Guide itenaray and left out what didn't seem interesting enough.
Maybe Kyushu?
Thanks!
by limpingfish  

Re: Another help with september itenerary 2015/8/1 08:07
Hi limpingfish,

Below see my suggestions based on what you said. I did move the dates for your Kyoto days. Will you have a JR Pass? Feel free to take what you want, if anything.

Also, might want to check out this site
http://zoomingjapan.com/ It mentions places not on Japan Guide

10. Arriving at Tokyo :)
11. Tokyo
12. Tokyo
13. Hitachi Seaside Park
http://en.hitachikaihin.jp/
14. Hakone (overnight Trip)
15.Hakone - back to Tokyo afternoon/evening
16.Tokyo
17.Tokyo
18.Tokyo
19. Tokyo Game Show
20. Koyasan
21. Kyoto
22. Kyoto - Day Trip to Kanazawa
23. Kyoto
24. Kyoto - Nara Day Trip
25. Kyoto
26. Kyoto
27. Hiroshima -Miyajima
Stay overnight on Miyajima or in Hiroshima
28. Miyajima/Hiroshima - (Day Trip) Train to either Beppu, or Saga Prefecture, back to Hiroshima for the night or head to Osaka
1. Osaka
2. Osaka
3. Departure :(
by Anne (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Another help with september itenerary 2015/8/1 13:14
Give tohoku a try. It has mountains and it is the next northern most destination after Hokkaido. Cool climates are nice.

There are countless scenic rivers, gorges, and trekking paths.

For your trip, I would get a 14 day JR Pass.
Starting from
10 Tokyo. Mainly to sweat in out in a gym or something else to recover from Jet Lag.
11 Kyoto. Activate JR Pass.

Note that Kyoto and Osaka are really close by. Osaka can be seen as a day trip from Kyoto. Also spending the night in Osaka's Shinsekai, Tennoji, or Domtombori is really fun. Convenience of the JR Pass means the cities are less than an hour apart.

Also, Kyoto attractions closes early, so heading to Osaka to shop or see Osaka's castle or the city skyline are some ideas to consider.

Three Days in Kyoto would allow you to see Arashiyama and Ginkakuji;
Higashiyama, Kiyomizudera the philosopher's path, and Fushimi Inari;
and central (imperial palace and downtown) Kyoto.

Do spend one of your Kyoto days with a day trip to either Uji or Nara. Or both in one day. Personal preference is Uji.

12 Kyoto
13 Kyoto
14 Kyoto

15 Hiroshima and Miyajima
Spend the morning at Hiroshima's atomic bomb park and museum. The afternoon a light stroll about the city. Ensure that you reach Miyajima before 3pm. Giving you plenty of time to walk about the island, and take the trip up and down Mt Misen.
Do see the night illumination of Itsukushima Shrine, eat Okonomiyaki in Hiroshima, and spend the night in either Osaka or Kyoto.

Note that since Kyoto and Osaka are in close proximity, you can stay in either city. Preferably near a train station with Bullet Train.

16 Morning Osaka (Aquarium or USJ), night out at Koya San

17 Kanazawa using limited express train from Kyoto
18 Also Kanazawa or you could go to Takayama in the morning. Either way take the evening train to Tokyo to spend the night.

19 Tokyo event
20, 21, 22 In Tohoku. Trekking, hiking. Spend some time in Matsushima.

23 Go to Nikko.
Nikko needs one to two days. Depending on how much you like to see lakes, rivers, waterfalls and the like. Either way do try to spend a night here at a Japanese Traditional Ryokan with onsen.

24 Return to Tokyo. End of JR Pass
25, 26, 27, 28... 3 Going about Tokyo
Do spend your time with day trips like what has been said.
Hitachi seaside park in Ibaraki.
The garden in Ibaraki.
Enoshima.
Going to Hakone with the Hakone free pass.
Going to Karuizawa/Nagano for more nature indulgence.
Going to Kusatsu for hot springs.

Tohoku, Nikko, and Uji all have small towns. Might be what you meant by villages. Unless of course, you meant Shirakawago. (Near Kanazawa)
by Joshua Hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread