Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanazawa hotel are choice 2015/7/31 21:46
Hi,
Been looking at Toyoko Inn hotels in Kanazawa. Apparently there are two, one near the station and one near the center (Korinbo).

I will arrive in Kanazawa around noon with lugguage, sleep one night, check out Kanazawa before leaving for Toyama in the late evening (21.00-22.00).

I suppose bringing medium sized suitcases on the local buses are not recommended?

I will use takkyubin on the morning to send away my lugguage past the Alpine Route, but I need it until at least the night of arrival so I cannot send it any earlier (like from the airport).

If I put it in a locker in Kanazawa station I still need to go and get it.

What would you suggest be the best option of area in this situation?

I have no problem walking the 2 km to the city center, even with luggage (might look awkward though).

There is a shuttle bus from the Korinbo hotel to Kanazawa station but these buses use to be small, meaning little luggage....
by Gogo (guest)  

Re: Kanazawa hotel are choice 2015/8/1 13:17
Take a small bag. Pack one day of clothing in it. Use it.

I do not see the issue with luggage on local buses. They fit well. If they have rollers even better. Stay at a hotel near the train station is good. I stayed at Castle Inn. Besides the good food nearby, it is less than 10 minutes walk away from Kana zawa station
by Joshua Hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa hotel are choice 2015/8/1 20:00
I just remember most buses being small, and with many tourists even worse with luggage.

Staying near Korinbo I thought it would be closer to the attractions. I always carry a backpack beside my suitcase.
by Gogo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread