Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Airport immigration, etc, time 2015/7/31 21:58
Good day,
I will be arriving on Kansai Airport in a few weeks, scheduled to arrive 8.55 in the morning by Finnair.

I have only used Narita airport before so I know the immigration queues can be a mess, but maybe it was because of the flight arrival time (4 PM).

How much time should I expect before sitting on the JR Haruka train to Shin-Osaka? 1 hour?

I will be exchanging my JR Pass and reserve a ticket as well.
by Kann (guest)  

Re: Kansai Airport immigration, etc, time 2015/8/1 13:18
Kansai is better than Narita. Immigration, luggage, and ease of finding your way about the terminal.

Getting to Shin-Osaka including time taken to change pass, and waiting for the train is about an hour.

by Joshua Hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Airport immigration, etc, time 2015/8/1 19:56
I hope Kansai Airport stays as good as it is for very long. It is unfortunate Narita is slower.

I remember to get the Railpass you have to fill in a form av their exchange office, it is not possible to get this form before arriving att the office, like when you get immigration forms on board the airplane?
by Kann (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Airport immigration, etc, time 2015/8/1 20:20

I hope Kansai Airport stays as good as it is for very long. It is unfortunate Narita is slower.

I was there last November, and took about two hours to clear immigration. Missed the connecting tour, ended up staying one night at Osaka.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Airport immigration, etc, time 2015/8/1 21:51
You mean at Narita or Kansai??
by Kann (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Airport immigration, etc, time 2015/8/1 23:19

I remember to get the Railpass you have to fill in a form av their exchange office, it is not possible to get this form before arriving att the office, like when you get immigration forms on board the airplane?

That form has been discontinued. You now will fill your details on the actual pass. The process is smarter , faster and undoubtedly more efficient .

Re: Kansai Airport immigration, etc, time 2015/8/2 02:30
Took two hours to clear Kansai customs?

When I got there last time I was out in the station 30 minutes after leaving the aircraft. Morning arrival in June.

When did you arrive? Was it a peak travel week or something?
by Johnny Cash (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Airport immigration, etc, time 2015/8/2 10:07

When did you arrive? Was it a peak travel week or something?

It could be the extreme, but it happened on 16 Nov 2014, arrival time 17:25. The counters were all manned, the queue was so very long, the immigration section was jam packed, and so many had to queue outside the room , along the passageway.

Re: Kansai Airport immigration, etc, time 2015/8/2 10:17

You mean at Narita or Kansai??

Kann, it was at KIX.
I have visited Japan many times, landed at different airports at different hours, and last November visit was the longest immigration wait I ever experienced. It could be an odd one, and an unfortunate hour ( 17:25 ) but it happened.

Re: Kansai Airport immigration, etc, time 2015/8/2 16:02
Seems very unfortunate to me. I did not know there were so many afternoon flights arriving att Kansai.

I doubt november is any special so we should not worry the OP by saying so.

Every time I came here morning flight no problem. I did not hurry from the aircraft arriving there were not people.
by Johnny Cash (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Airport immigration, etc, time 2015/8/8 18:30
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Airport immigration, etc, time 2015/8/8 19:19
If you look at the Kansai Airport schedule for International Arrivals you will see that there are not that many flights arriving in the hour preceding yours. Much better than other times of the day when there are arrivals almost every 5 minutes.

http://flight.kansai-airport.or.jp/info/kixfltweb/flte_result.vbhtml
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread