Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Searching intersting Japanese name for bakery 2015/8/2 22:04
My name is Eiman and am from Egypt. All my passion goes to making the Japanese soft and fluffy buns, like Cream bun, melon bun, chocolate cornet....

I went to Japan and had bread making course. Now I returned to Egypt and am going to open a Japanese bakery shop. I want to let Egyptian remove the stereotype idea about Japan that Japan means sushi and Kimono.....

I want them to know the culture of Japan and old one and the new one also.

I need your help in finding a name to describe my new bakery shop in Egypt. any help any suggestion please :)
by Eiman Yassin  

Re: Searching intersting Japanese name for bakery 2015/8/3 09:10
if no one knows Japanese words,
simply how about "ƒpƒ“‰®" or "‚Ï‚ñ‰®, pan-ya ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Searching intersting Japanese name for bakery 2015/8/3 15:21
How about "Melon-Pan"? It will also catch the eyes of Japanese tourists and clearly show what kind of "Japanese" bakery you're aiming for!
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Searching intersting Japanese name for bakery 2015/8/3 17:10
Thank you so much for your reply !!
I really appreciate your help and support ...and am so excited to start this business :D

I was thinking about two options and I would like to know ur opinion..
1st : Mochi Mochi "explaining how soft is the bread" do you think it nice and cool name or strange ?

2nd: Sakura bakery "but am afraid sakura doesn't have a relation with bread"
by Eiman Yassin rate this post as useful

Re: Searching intersting Japanese name for bakery 2015/8/3 17:21
"Mochi mochi" is "soft" but also "good to bite into," like firm bagel, if you know what I mean. Also when you say "mochimochi pan (bread)," it's also often used to refer to bread that uses rice powder to give that just a bit sticky, nicely chewy, bouncy feel to the teeth.

I don't know what kind of "soft" bread you want to have - "fuwafuwa" would be "fluffy" like whipped cream, (like clouds up in the sky, or cotton candy too), and "fukafuka" would be fluffy and light like "mushi-pan" (steamed bread/buns) (also for nice cushions, etc.).
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Searching intersting Japanese name for bakery 2015/8/3 22:11
Moist breads are "motchiri" or "shittori" while "mochi mochi" is more like "sticky" as implied. But I can understand that "mochi mochi" has a more funny and adorable tone, which might be what you're aiming for.

The "fuwa fuwa" suggestion is great, too, but I guess breads like pita can be categorized as "fuwa fuwa," and you might be aiming for bread that is more uniquely Japanese.

I'm afraid Sakura Bakery, to me, sounds like a lame name that someone came up with just to attract Japanese tourists. But anpan is supposed to have pickled sakura on the top, by the way.

Actually, I think Mochi Mochi is nice. I don't know if you call it "cool," but it would strike a nice conversation with your customers and there's nothing really wrong about your interpretation.

But frankly, I love the pita style Egyptian breads and sweats ;)
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Searching intersting Japanese name for bakery 2015/8/3 22:51
Have you heard of the manga/anime called Yakitate Ja-pan? It's a play on the word Japan and "pan" (bread). I always thought it was pretty clever of them. If you really want your bakery to reflect Japanese breads perhaps you can try incorporating something like ƒWƒƒƒpƒ“‰® (Ja-pan Ya). It literally translates as Japanese (bread) house.

Just a thought. :)

Mochi mochi sounds cute too. But if it were me I would have thought it's a wagashi shop instead of a bread shop. Perhaps it's because I already knew what mochi was...
by yushio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Searching intersting Japanese name for bakery 2015/8/3 23:24
Sakura is the national flower of JP.
Sakura-Ya bakery sounds nice to me (^o^)
But unsure if the name images something inappropriate in Egypt.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Searching intersting Japanese name for bakery 2015/8/5 05:02
Thank you so much my friends :)
I really Appreciate your help and support !!

You don't know how much I love your country..
It started when my grandfather received his PhD long time ago from Tokyo and kept telling me a lot of stories about Japan ..so, I was so curios to visit this county..

So, at the University, I studied Japanese language ..and after that I worked in JICA for 7 years, and now am working in E-JUST , Egypt Japan University of Science and Technology ..it's a Japanese university in Egypt !!! So I love being connected to Japan all the time ...

I went to Japan three times as a business trips through the previous years and last March, I decided to visit Japan as a tourist smile emoticon so, I came to witness the Sakura ... I stayed for one month and I took the bread making Japanese course .. It was amazing days there,,,

My younger sister is now a MSc student in Tokyo Institute of Technology .I visited her last March and we had an amazing time there
so all the family are related somehow with this country

I really wish all Egyptian can have the chance to visit Japan at least once in their life time smile emoticon
Maybe with my Japanese bread idea, I would let people knows more about Japan...Like what my grandfather did to me :)

My facebook account is Eiman Fouad...I will be happy to be friends with you guys :)

Re: Searching intersting Japanese name for bakery 2015/8/5 06:31
looked at your Facebook profile page in Nara-koen park with deer, it looks so nice.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Searching intersting Japanese name for bakery 2015/8/8 00:15
Am soo much excited about my project...I received my new oven for baking and everything is almost ready 

On more question, now am searching for a logo designer to design for me a japanese style logo ... I want everything to be japanese So...do you know any free lancer Japanese graphic designer ? Or do you recommend me any website for freelancers and I can check it ?

Re: Searching intersting Japanese name for bakery 2015/8/8 18:09
It might be your hint of the logo of your shop.

Every Japanese family has their Kamon which is the logo
of each family.

http://www.morisige.com/html/hina/tabi/japanese/kamon-hyou-top.html

We Japanese add the Kamon logo to fomarl kimono.
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Searching intersting Japanese name for bakery 2015/8/18 05:49
Thank you so much my Friends....

Everything is going smooth in my project..
I just need your help to translate for me the following sentences from English to Japan:

1- Japanese flaky soft loaf braided with cheese
2- Japanese flaky soft loaf braided with Creamy chicken
3- Japanese flaky soft loaf braided with sausages and caramelized onion

5- Melon bun: Japanese bun stuffed with caramelized apple and covered with a crunchy dough

6- Milk Cream Bun: Japanese milk cream baked inside a soft bun
7-- Flat Bun: A blend of cream cheese and cranberries baked in a fluffy flat bun

reply to this thread