Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Koyasan night curfew 2015/8/5 16:45
Hi, I've booked a night in Fukuchi-in in Koyasan and noticed that there's a curfew at 9 PM.
As I understand, one of the best things in mt. Koya is the option to hike in the temple grounds and cemetery at the night. Is this possible doing that before 9 PM? I think there's also dinner at about 7 PM....
by limpingfish  

Re: Koyasan night curfew 2015/8/5 19:14
You can do that before the curfew. Like 730-9. It takes slightly more than an hour from central to okunonin and back. For the night illumination it takes about 20 minutes from central and back. Inclusive of slow walking and light photography.

Or you can do it in the morning before the sun rises.
by Joshua hugg (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan night curfew 2015/8/5 19:52
Hi Joshua
Well, I can't do that before the sun rises as there's this morning ceremony at 6 and I guess before that it's still Curfew...
I thought this place is so small that you practically go out of the temple and step into Okunoin!

Anyway, do you know Fukuchiin specifically? I was wondering if the lights go out at 21:00 and you can't even wonder the temple or if just the doors shut.
by limpingfish rate this post as useful

reply to this thread