Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone day pass 2015/8/6 10:59
Hi,

I am planning to visit Hakone for half a day and will be travelling to Kyoto after 5pm. I would like to visit only Hakone Yuryo and Owakudani valley. May I know what is the most cost effective means of transportation around Hakone ? Should i get the day pass? How much would it costs and does it cover the ropeway to Owakudani valley? I am planning to store my baggage at hakone yumoto station and i Have a JR pass.

Thanks
by Jan88 (guest)  

Re: Hakone day pass 2015/8/7 21:59
First of all, check the travel advice regarding the Hakone region, particularly owakudani, as it has been restricted in recent months due to an increased volcanic activity warning.

Probably the most cost-effective way is to leave your luggage at Odawara Station and get a bus pass, as I did last April. The office is a left turn out the of south entrance from the JR / Odakyu concourse. From memory, there were two passes available - one covering more routes / destinations - so see which you need to get from the chart they have on hand. Buses leave from the plaza right outside.

When you're done, head back to Odawara, grab your luggage, and you're straight onto the shinkansen to Kyoto. Have fun, it's a great area!
by 5HJack rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone day pass 2015/8/7 22:06
Looks like Owakudani is still a no-go, I'm afraid.

https://www.hakone.or.jp/en/2278
by 5HJack rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone day pass 2015/8/10 22:35
Thanks for the concern. Yea i am aware about that. Just hoping that it will be open by November hopefully, else i will need to have a plan B :)
by jan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread