Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What time to go to Tokyo Game Show? 2015/8/6 16:04
I bought a supporter's club ticket that seems to have a priority entrance, and it says that the priority entrance gate is only open for 30 minutes from the first train in Makuhari station? What exactly does this mean? Also, what time should I leave Nippori to make use of the full day at TGS? Will it be possible to finish going around the whole area at 3pm-4pm because I will have to catch the train from Nippori to Sapporo at 6pm sharp in the evening in order to meet my business clients at Sapporo on time and to make use of the JR Pass.

If it's not possible to go around the whole area by 3pm, I might have to buy a plane ticket to Sapporo.

From your experience, how much time do people usually take in TGS? I'm there to check out all the new games and perhaps buy some merchandise, I won't be joining any contest. Thanks!
by nelze (guest)  

Re: What time to go to Tokyo Game Show? 2015/8/6 18:00
Is there a long line even for supporter tickets? I'm planning to be there at 8am, will that be too late?
by nelze (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What time to go to Tokyo Game Show? 2015/8/6 18:24
I've read (I have not been there) that you can't go around the whole thing in one day, but it depends on what you expect to do/see there.

If you hold a Supporter's Club Ticket, you get an original design t-shirt (scroll halfway down the page to see the design), a pin badge, and yes you get previleged entrance from a separate entrance.

http://expo.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2015/visitor/ticket.html

The way I read the description in Japanese: they will set up a separate entrance exclusively for the Club ticket holders early in the morning, in time for people to arrive at the venue using the first train that arrives at that station. You queue up there (the queue there is expected to be shorter than the general entrance queue), and you wait until the opening (10 am). From opening time, for 20 - 30 minutes, that entrance will be open only to Club ticket holders. If you arrive any later than that, you forgo the special entrance privilege. (Depending on the situation, they might let you in earlier.)

The first train that arrives at Kaihin Makuhari (the closest station to Makuhari Messe) is 6:11.

For the way back, if you want to be at Nippori station around 17:40, let' say, you need to be on a train from Kaihin Makuhari around 16:30, 16:40 at latest. Note that there could be significant crowd at the station too.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: What time to go to Tokyo Game Show? 2015/8/6 18:25
1)
That means not so difficult very simple reason.
Just cannot make waiting lines around hall from before days/nights as stay by using tent or.
(for game playing popular attractions or getting spl event seat ticket are very hard)
TGS visitors a lot of teens include no safe no good.
Also super crazy game fan from out of Japan they will be make a noizy group
with bad manner (drunk or) usual.

2)
Use HyperDia. (for transit)

TGS visitors are wide from kids with parents to middle age(over 40s).
Most visitors over 3-5hrs usual bc each booth are most busy always.
Maybe u will stay full time until train dep limit.

BTW, why not to Sapporo(CTS) by air from NRT or HND?
JR-PASS possible by Shinkansen and more but need long time.
Answered Hamanasu seat Q aleady but not smart.
by Mima (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What time to go to Tokyo Game Show? 2015/8/7 01:40
Thanks for the response Mima and AK!

@AK
Oh so that means that the special gate will only be open until 10:30? Not a problem then since I plan to start lining up at 8AM. Hopefully the supporter's line won't be as long as they say :D

@Mima
Thanks for the reply at the other thread too. My original plan is to use the plane, but if I use the Hanamasu I will save on the plane ticket + one night hotel stay so I was weighing my options. Based on my schedule and your response, it might indeed be smarter to get a plane. Thanks!
by nelze (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Game Show 2015 then Sapporo 2015/8/10 08:34
I plan to start lining up at 8AM.
Hopefully the supporter's line won't be as long as they say

The earliest trains will arrive to Kaihimmakuhari Station before 6 o'clock on Sunday, the 20th of September 2015 (#).
If you stay in a hotel near a JR station on Keiyo Line in Chiba Prefecture, you can join the line earlier.
I guess there may be some hard-core fans of computer games who will dare to wait in line for several hours in order to get numbered priority tickets for trial play.
(Make sure to wait in line for Halls 1 - 8 if you try to get these numbered tickets.)

In Tokyo Station of JR, it may need about 15 to 20 minutes for you to get from / to a track of Keihin-Tohoku or Yamanote Line above the ground to / from Keiyo Underground Track on the 4th basement.
If you start from Nippori Station of Keisei, you can take an alternative route by Keisei lines to (Keisei) Makuharihongo Station then by a Keisei Bus line to (North Entrance of) Kaihimmakuhari Station of JR.
e.g.
Nippori Station (06:12)
{Keisei Main Line: Rapid train for Narita Airport}
(06:46) Keisei Tsudanuma Station (06:56)
{Keisei Chiba Line: Local train for Chiharadai}
(06:58) (Keisei) Makuharihongo Station,
Makuharihongo Station Bus Stop #1 (07:34)
{Keisei Bus}
(07:45) Kaihimmakuhari Station (North Entrance) bus terminal.

the special gate will only be open until 10:30?

- Nikkei BP: Tokyo Game Show 2015: Visitor Info: Tickets (Public Day)
http://expo.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2015/en/visitor/ticket.html
- Nikkei BP: Tokyo Game Show 2015: Exhibition: For Exhibitor: Overview
http://expo.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2015/exhibition/english/exhibit/

The explanation in English on the priority entry sounds partly misleading, but it is explained first that all the ticket holders may enter at Priority Entrance.
Regardless of types of tickets, holders of tickets for that specific Public Day will be guided to Priority Entrance, and there will be no special entrance exclusively for "TGS2015 SUPPORTERS CLUB Ticket" holders.
What is special to "SUPPORTERS CLUB Ticket" holders is they will be guided separately to Priority Entrance for a while.

The gates may open 30 minutes earlier (than scheduled originally) at 9:30 depending on the circumstances, and the staff will set separate lanes for "TGS2015 SUPPORTERS CLUB Ticket" holders until 20 to 30 minutes after the gate will open.
So, the separate lanes may be dissolved around 9:50 at earliest.

# The earliest trains arriving to Kaihimmakuhari Station
(on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays):
Eastbound
: Shin-Narashino (05:03) {Local train} (05:06) Kaihimmakuhari.
: Shin-Narashino (05:16) {Local train} (05:19) Kaihimmakuhari.
: Tokyo (04:55) {Local train} (05:32) Kaihimmakuhari.
Westbound
: Soga (04:50) {Local train} (05:02) Kaihimmakuhari.
: Soga (05:08) {Local train} (05:20) Kaihimmakuhari.
: Soga (05:27) {Local train} (05:40) Kaihimmakuhari.

My original plan is to use the plane,
but if I use the Hanamasu I will save on the plane ticket + one night hotel stay

The Hamanasu (not "Hanamasu") train might attract many travelers on the night from the 20th of September 2015.
Please note that the 21st through the 23rd of September 2015 will be legal holidays in Japan.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread